Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

A Wonderful Wednesday!

We had such a great day yesterday.  It was a day full of sunshine & not much wind.  Kyle is on the road so it is just us girls holding down the fort.  I got so much done around the house & was even able to get outside and soak up some of the sunshine.  
It is such a good feeling to have my house in order (well some sort of order), bedding washed, laundry caught up, cookies made for the weekend & even had time to make some peas & sweet potatoes for Miss Whitney. 

When Jenae got home from school we loaded Whitney up in the stroller and went for a walk.  It felt so good to get out and enjoy the weather we have been so blessed with.  I was wanting to get a few things organized in the garage so I parked Whitney in her stroller next to the chicken and she was very entertained by watching the hens mill around their pen.  For those of you who do not know, my chicken pen is right next to my garage so I could keep a watchful eye on her while working in my garage :-)

Jenae & Aubree have been getting to help Chip cake the cows since Kyle is gone.  Jenae drives the pickup while Chip puts the cake out.  I am really would like to go along just to watch sometime :-)  The girls really look forward to Chip coming over to pick them up to head to the pasture.  According to Chip, Jenae does an ok job driving ;-) Thankfully it is a manual pickup so she can not get the pickup going very fast in 2nd gear ;-)

We have a busy day tomorrow.  Kyle is having a bunch of guys help him break in the steers for the Barn's Rodeo crew.  I think several guys are coming into night to stay the night & some will not be going home until Sunday.  It should be a nice day for it.  I am hoping to not spend the entire time in the kitchen & hope that I can get out and enjoy the sunshine for part of the day :-)  They are forecasting 80 degrees for tomorrow :-)

My little helpers!  Aubree & Whitney "helped" me make cookies. 

Boots, skirt & a purse!  We never know what Aubree is going to come up with wear for the day :-)


Jenae pushing Whitney in the stroller.  This is Whitney's first actual stroller ride :-)  She loved it!
 Jenae is so much help with Whitney

Aubree picking some cat tails! 

1 comment:

  1. Your girls are so sweet! I love the picture of Aubree and Whitney sitting on your counter. Whitney looks so big! Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete