Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

Winter catch up!

I know I have not done a good job of keeping my blog up!  I decided to go through my phone and pull off pictures. This post is from random photos from December-March.  I would say the theme of this Winter has been COLD!  We have had very little snow fall this year.  Just a lot of really cold days with a really nice day every once in a while.  The girls are all growing up so fast! 
We are all glad Spring has arrived, now just bring on the spring weather!! 
 
A Winter Sunset

Jenae finally deciding she likes to rope!  Now she loves it and ropes any chance she gets!



My silly Whitney wishing she was still a baby!




Christmas.. Whitney decided she wanted to wear curlers to bed like her big sister. Her already curly hair got really curly!

Whitney and her hair after the curlers were taken out.

Aubree on Christmas Eve Eve!

Whitney woke up Christmas Eve afternoon very crabby!  I had worked that day until 3:00 and when I got home Kyle said she was napping.  I let her keep sleeping and stayed home with her while Kyle and the big girls went over to his parents to start celebrating.  It took her awhile to decide to be happy that day!

Christmas Eve and finally dressed for the evening!

Me and Whit waiting for Kyle to come pick us up on Christmas Eve.
 

Whitney and my Grandma Noble on Christmas.

Brooke, Aubree and Whitney Christmas Night.  I am not sure , but I think Aubree was just fake smiling. 

Whitney sleeping with her "Papa Bear" The bear my mom had made for the kids out of my Dad's shirts.

After a long day of being a ranch girl, Whitney fell asleep standing up :-)

Aubree Joy!!! I don't even know what to say on this photo!

In January we said good bye to the puppies!  They all sold with out any advertising!! 

Aubree got to do cheer camp.  She LOVED it!!


One night when Kyle was gone rodeoing the girls all wanted to sleep in bed with me.  Such silly girls

Aubree dressed her self, headband and all for Church one day.

Big day for Jenae is that she finally got to get her ears pierced!

Forre Family Weekend photo.  I wanted to take a picture of the girls and they decided they wanted to look like teenagers??  This is what they think teenagers look like!!

Whitney Love Madison at the Forre Family weekend.

Lunch at school with Aubree!

Jenae was less than thrilled that I wanted her picture!

Jenae all dressed up like a big girl!  Chip took her and Trey to gun show and banquet on Saturday night.  I will have to find the pictures from that night and post later.  Aubree has a stomach bug, so she stayed home.
 
Pizza and movie night!
First calf of the year was born when it was 3 below out side.  Kyle and Chip brought him in the house to get warmed up and Whitney read him a story!


Aubree learning to ride her bike.

It took a little bit, but she figured it out!!
 

1 comment:

  1. I was searching for my GF's blog and came across your interesting one about with a great story about your oldest daughter, finally getting her ears pierced.

    When I read it, it reminded me of a situation with our girls, aged 6, 3 and 2 years old. When our ODD
    wanted her ears pierced, we agreed and she did great except for a few tears as expected. What I didn't
    anticipate happened.

    Our oldest Sandi, wanted to know why her baby sisters, Missy and Gina, couldn't have matching earrings too. I tried to explain to her she wasn't old enough until her baby girl cousin, aged 6 months showed up for a visit with cute little gold balls in each ear! Again, she wanted to know why her baby cousin had earrings and her little sisters didn't.

    I asked our pediatrician her advice and she encouraged me to go ahead and pierce both younger daughter's ears now since she showed me a picture of her 3 year old twin daughters, both with little pearl earrings! I was surprised at her response and told her I would think about it. Her reasoning was when mommy cared for them, there was never any problems during the healing time, but when little girls wanted them, they often failed to care for them properly.

    The tipping point came soon enough...one day, dh calls out to me from the family room asking me to come in there. Our middle daughter had gotten a pair of my pearl earrings and was asking daddy how to put them in her baby sister's ears to look like her older sibling! She almost put one in her ear canal! Dh laughed and told me to take her to have them pierced before we had to take the youngest ones to the ER to remove an earring!

    At this point, I was beginning to warm up to the idea. Although I felt it a little early, I started seeing other
    little girls about Missy and Gina's age with pretty earrings. I finally realized how pretty all our girls would look with cute earrings and yielded to pressure from daddy and my 3 year old.

    I don't know if you'd considered having your younger daughter's ears pierced now, but after I did, my ODD was so proud her sisters had earrings. Piercing both younger girls and caring for them was so much easier than making sure my ODD was caring properly for her ears. All my girls looked adorable in their pictures with little earrings and never had problems.

    I'd say if you've remotely thought about it, then your mommy intuition is telling now is better.

    Amy
    amyswor1765@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete