Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Weekend

(Jenae trying on an outfit on our shopping trip)

I not know about all of you but I am very happy to see March 1st on the calender today! It has been such a long cold winter here in Nebraska it is nice to know the official first day of Spring is a few weeks away!

We had a nice weekend. Friday night the Chambers girls had their district basketball ball game in Burwell. Chip and Marilyn took Jenae with them to the game. It sounds like she had a great time. Aubree and I met the Ehlers family and the Young family for supper at the Chambers corner. The food was really good and it was nice to visit with them. Aubree was very happy because there were 2 babies to help entertain.

Saturday Jenae and I went on a little shopping trip to Grand Island. My Mom, sisters, Danielle & Lacey, and my brother's wife, Erin, and my nephew, Cooper all joined us. My wonderful in-laws were nice enough to keep Aubree for the day. She was very excited to spend the day at Grandpa and Grandma's without Jenae. She had a lot of fun she told me about a calf in the snow bank and a really big strong bird they had seen (bald eagle). Jenae and I had a good time shopping
we found some good sales, which always makes shopping more fun.

Sunday the girls and I went to church and then to McDonald's for dinner. I was a nice weekend.

Kyle should be home sometime this afternoon. He has been gone for over 3 weeks. I am not going to lie, it has been a tough with him gone for this long in the middle of winter. In the summer when he is gone the girls and I have plenty to do to occupy our time. The winter is a different story. The girls have really missed him. I told Bree that Daddy was coming home she look at me with a really serious face and said ''Daddy is coming home?'' Almost as if she could not believe it. Jenae knew he was on his way home this morning and told me she wished she could take a cell phone to school with her so she could keep checking in with her Daddy to see what town he was in that way she knew when he was getting close to home. I have a feeling the girls are not going let him out of there sight for sometime when he gets home.

No comments:

Post a Comment