Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The past week

Well I am not sure where to start.  I try to keep my blog updated twice a week.  It seems much more manageable if I do it that way.  If I wait over a week like I have done it is hard to remember what has all went on!  I will try to recap the best I can.
Last Wednesday Aubree & I got to keep Trey for the afternoon. He was such a good boy,  Aubree had a lot of fun playing with him! They really kept each other entertained.

Kyle left Wednesday night to head to Austin.  He caught a ride down there with the Wakefield crew.  The Wakefield boys were roping at the George Strait  Roping in San Antonio.  Jim thought it was silly for Kyle to drive down by himself.  I think Kyle had a nice time on the Wakefield's little family vacation!!  Unfortunately the trip was not a real productive trip for anyone, but I think they all had fun.  They got home really late Saturday night.

I had lined up for Aubree to go to daycare on Thursday since Kyle was going to be gone and Chip would be handling the calving by himself, but my daycare provider's little one was sick and she could not take kids that day.  I was running the office by myself so I did not have the option to stay home with Aubree.  Thank goodness Grandpa Chip came to the rescue again.  Aubree was his little ranch hand for the day.  I was a little more worried than he was if he got in a jam with the cattle and had Bree to deal with too.  It all worked out good and he was able to take her to school by 2:00.  Chambers let the kids out of school at 2:00, but teachers had to stay until 4:00.  Aubree & Jenae had a great time in Grammy's room

Thursday night after work the girls and I met my parents for supper at L-B in Clearwater.  The food was really good and it was nice to have an evening with my parents.  Jenae & Aubree went home with them that night.  I headed down to Newman Grove after work on Friday.  It had been a long time since we went down for a  nice quiet weekend.  Christmas is always so busy even though we spend a couple of days there we seem that we are always on the go.  Christmas was the last time we were there.  Time just goes to fast!!  It is hard to fit everything in. 

Saturday Danielle and the boys came over to my parents house.  My parents had to go to Lincoln for a wedding so there were gone most of the day .  We spent the afternoon visiting my Grandma's.  It was nice to see them and catch up with them.  I know they really look forward to our visits.  I need to try to get down there more often for visits.  They do not live very far away, I really do not have excuses for not going more often except that I just do not make time to do it. 

Saturday night when we got back to my parents house from our visits, little miss Aubree came down with the stomach flu.  It was a long night and we packed up Sunday morning and headed for home.  We were really bummed because one of the reasons we went to Newman Grove for the weekend was to help my nephew Cooper celebrate his birthday.  Needless to say no one really wanted us there!  My sister went to a lot of work getting food ready and planning the party.  I felt really bad would could not go.  Jenae was really upset!  That is just how life goes :-)  Aubree is still recovering.  I think she is better to day.  Thankfully Kyle is home and he has been able to keep her with him the past couple of days so I did not need to miss work. 
He got a call yesterday from school that Jenae's stomach was hurting.  With Aubree's bug he thought he best go and get Jenae from school.  He picked her up and ran into the grocery store to get stocked up on 7-up and bread.  When he came back to the pickup he found her eating the PB&J sandwich that I had packed for her lunch.  Apparently she was just hungry, once Kyle got her home she was feeling fine.  He ended up taking her back to school!!  No day off for Jenae :-)


Hope has got me started with digital scrap booking.  It is a really neat way to organize pictures and put together nice books for the girls.  As I am working with the books I realized that I do not do a good enough job of taking pictures of the girls with others.  My am going to try to do a better job of snapping pictures of them with family members.  Once these years are gone the pictures is really all that is left to help remember
the memories!


Trey had fun wearing around a pair of Aubree's boots.  They were a little big for him, but he did not mind!
                       


Aubree was into wearing headbands on Wednesday
Aubree & Trey
Jenae reading to Trey when she got home from school.
My Mom & Aubree
My Dad & Jenae
My Parents with the girls before they left for the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment