Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

a birthday party, a wedding & a rodeo....one busy weekend!

As you can see by my title it was a really busy weekend.  Kyle was on the rodeo trail so the girls & I got up early to head to Newman Grove.  My friend/past co worker was getting married in Fullerton, which is only 35 miles from my parents.  I thought it would be a good opportunity to see my parents.  As it turned out we ended up having a last minute birthday party for all the kids with summer birthdays on my side of the family.  With all of the new arrivals we are realizing it is getting harder to find time to celebrate each kids birthday individually so we have decided to group the parties together as much as we can.  The kids do not seem to mind.  They are just always happy to get to spend time together. 

I met up with Susan & Natalie in Albion to go to Sheila's wedding reception.  Sheila looked beautiful and with all she has been though in the past 8 years, we are all so happy to see her so happy.  Unfortunately with Sheila getting married, means she has now moved away and I am sad to not have her as a coworker anymore. 

I left Jenae & Aubree with my parents while we were at the reception.  They had a great time going fishing.   They each caught a fish, they caught 7 in all.  After they were done fishing my Mom build a fire in their fire pit.  When I got back there we had nice relaxing evening sitting around the fire roasting marshmallows.  Aubree had fun running trying to catch fireflies.  We were planning to spend the night and head home after dinner on Sunday.  Kyle called me that night and said he had decided to go home before Norden so that he could get his young horse to rope on.  I really do not like to miss opportunities to go with Kyle to rodeos.  If I do not make the effort to go then we miss out on some good family time & it seems this summer I have not got to many of his rodeos.   We got up early on Sunday morning and got home just in time to jump in the pickup with Kyle and head to Norden.

It is crazy to me that today is the last day of August.  If September goes as fast as August has went I am in real trouble. I am down to having one month left before Baby Whitaker is going to arrive!  Jenae surprised us and arrived 2 weeks early.  Aubree waited for her Daddy to get home from the West Coast and only came 2 days early.  So when will Baby #3 arrive????  That is the ultimate question.  I am really hoping for an October baby, but I plan to be ready by mid September just in case!!!

Jenae & Aubree are getting really excited for the big day.  Jenae is really hoping for Baby Whitaker to make her arrival on a weekend so she does not have to miss any school and can be sitting in the waiting room.  Aubree has been putting babies up her shirt pretending to be pregnant.  The other day she had a baby up her dress and she said "the doctor just pulled it out"  I told Kyle I it would not surprise me if Aubree was the little girl who "nurses" her dolls.  Aubree did not hear me say this to Kyle, but less than 5 minutes later she had her dress up "feeding" her baby.    Never a dull moment in the
Whitaker household!

Jenae helping Aubree open her birthday gifts.  Jenae was really into reading the cards to Aubree. 
She would read the entire card.

The Forre cousins!  Crazy to think in less than 4 months there will be 4 more in the group.


Jenae being Kyle's helper.  Kyle roped on his young calf horse, Chuck, at Norden. 
Chuck needed to be rode a lot more than his good calf horse Comet.  While he was
busy riding Chuck he had Jenae ride Spud & pony Rambo.  I was proud of what a
little hand she is becoming!  With me being pregnant I was not going to be a lot of help & Chip was at
some rodes in Wyoming.  I am
not sure what he would have done with out Jenae there to help get his horses warmed up.
Kyle getting ready for the bronc riding.

On the way home Aubree thought sitting by the fuel pumps looked like a Kodak moment.
Do you think maybe I take too many pictures of my children that they look for places to pose?


Sheila's wedding. This is the group of gals I have spent a lot of time with over
the past years.  We as a group have been through a lot together.  I am so happy for Sheila, but
I am sure going to miss sitting next to her at work.  We have worked together and sat side by side for
9 years. 
For all my blog followers who have wanted to see my prego belly....there you go! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that cousin picture is wonderful! They will have SO much fun together as they grow up. It might be chaotic, but they won't remember that, they will remember all the fun times of getting together! And, the picture with Aubree posing at the gas pump. The caption should have been, 'Kyle texting....' LOL Hoping your next couple weeks go by fast but not too fast!

    ReplyDelete