Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2009

We had a good day for a branding. Lots of sunshine and a little breeze. It was a great day. The branding started about 1:00 and they had everything branded and moved to pasture by 5:30. We had everyone come to our house for supper afterwards. I think everyone had a good time, however, I am pretty sure Jenae had the best time out of everyone. She LOVED going on cattle drives. She has no fear what so ever of riding and riding fast. She wanted to ride Beauty from our house back over to Chip and Marilyn's house (Beauty stays there) with Hope and Aubree riding Bentley. She loped the WHOLE way home. Leaving Hope and Aubree in the dust. It worries me her going that fast on the road, I know she flew through the intersection with out looking. We are going to have a little talk with her about some ground rules while riding.

Tomorrow we are going with Kyle to Garrett Nokes jackpot in McCook. It should be a fun weekend!

I hope you all have a great Mothers Day weekend! Remember to be extra nice to your Mothers!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think I would put Buster in the same category as Jenae in regards to who most enjoyed the branding. When I was driving home last night I wondered what Dad is going to do next year with Jenae in school; I don't know if she would be too happy having the action go on without her. You know there were only two times when Kyle & I were "allowed" to miss school--one was for the branding and the other to load out calves in the fall to sell (usually we were only a little late on those days). Otherwise you had to have a temperature over 100 degrees. :-) And now that I think about it we probably used to brand on Saturdays most years, so that your husband could maintain his perfect attendance record in school. (And so we had a cook(!) although Grandma Phifer & Grandma Whitaker used to help with that, too)

    ReplyDelete