Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend!

Even a 3 day weekend was not long enough to get everything done that I wanted to! I feel like I ran from one project/event/activity to the next not sitting down all weekend long. Going back to work will actually be relaxing compared to the weekend!

Friday night we met my parents and siblings in Clearwater for supper to celebrate my parents 35th Wedding Anniversary. My sister Danielle made the comment to me that we really should have done something for their 25th Anniversary, she said ...but none of us were married then and did not know what an accomplishment it was to stay married that long!!! We had a nice time. It was a little crazy having 9 adults and 8 kids 5 and under for a sit down meal. All in all it went well. I actually had a lady follow me out of the restaurant and said "I wish my granddaughter could behave as good as your girls do" I said " you must not have been sitting to close to us" She said "I was sitting right behind you and your kids were very good" It was a nice complement anyway!!! We went to the park in Clearwater so the kids could play.

Saturday morning I went over and did the chores at Chip's place then Marilyn came over to my house to teach me how to make salsa. It was a fun project. We made 15 pint jars and 12 1/2 pint jars. Saturday evening we went back to do chores and then watch the Huskers at Chip and Marilyn's house. Jenae has no interest in watching football, but Aubree actually watched it some.

Sunday was mostly chores and miscellaneous house work. I took the girls over to ride their ponies. Aubree was having fun riding Cinnamon. She would say "ready....set....trot" Jenae was happy to be back in the saddle again. She seems to have lost some of her confidence in her riding since she started school and does not get to ride as much.

Monday Kyle made in home about 5:30 in the morning after being gone all weekend long. Chip sold some cattle on a Labor Day Sale. I was glad Kyle was home in time to load them out. Monday night we had Chip, Marilyn, Hope & Ben over to our house for supper to celebrate Aubree's 2nd Birthday. It was a really fun evening. It was the first time we had all been together since the hospital. Jenae and Aubree were entertaining. They love having company over and they love birthday parties. They always want to wear dresses. With all of the craziness of the past few weeks I did not do much as far as decorating. I usually at least have balloons. Jenae took it upon herself to decorate the house with Aubree's dolls. It was very sweet of her to make sure the house was decorated for Bree's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment