Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

The Sale

A week ago Sunday we closed a chapter in our lives.  It was my Grandparents estate sale.  So many things crossed my mind that day, but the thing that was on my mind most of the day as I watched their personal belongings sale to the highest bidder, was how much I miss them.  They were such a big part of my childhood & I was fortunate to have had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with them.  I am not sure if ironic is the correct word, but I found it very ironic that how their lives came to a full circle  that day.  They began their lives together June 4th 1950 & the sale was June 3rd.  Many of the things on the sale were wedding gifts they received some 62 years ago.  I realize it is all just "stuff" & in the large scheme of life "stuff" really dos not matter, but with the "stuff" comes memories made with the "stuff" & that makes the "stuff" harder to part with.  I took home my share of treasures that day, but the treasure I hold dearest to my heart is the love I received from my Grandparents. 
People browsing through things my Grandparents had collected for 62 years.  Seeing so many of the things made me really miss them.


Some of my faimily eatiing a quick bite before the sale started.  It would be the last time that we would eat on the tables that belonged to Grandpa & Grandma.


My Cousin Renae & her kids running the concession stand.


Brooke & Allyx

My Dad with his sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment