Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Fun weekend.....but missing my Grandma


 A year ago yesterday my dear sweet Grandma went to be with Grandpa in Heaven.  Hardly a day goes by that I do not think of Grandma for one reason or another.  I love & miss her so much.  I love the song by Justin Moore "If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away"  It makes me thing of all of my Grandparents that have passed. What I wouldn't give to get to spend just 1 more day with each of them. 

My Aunt Linda planed a super fun weekend for us all to be together.  We all met up at Divot's Lodge & Suites in Norfolk.  It was the perfect get away weekend.  All but 2 of my cousins made it for a least part of the weekend.  The kids had an absolute blast in the pool.  The oldest set of kids ages 10-8 swam until 10:00 Saturday night!  The middle set of kids ages 6-3 were not happy they did not get to get back in the pool after supper, but they had fun playing in the rooms anyway.  We had a great time visiting & playing games until late at night.  My Grandma really enjoyed playing board games, so it was only fitting that we play them in her honor :-)  My Aunts/Cousins are a fun bunch of game players.  Lots of laughs & great time was had by all! 

This is a picture from a few years ago of me & my Grandma Forre.  It was taken at my cousin, Heather's, wedding. 





The Forre Grand kids/Great Grand kids that went swimming.  Whitney was not much of a fan of the pool.  The water was not as warm as we would have like it.  The cooler water did not stop the bigger kids from enjoying the pool!


The jets in the hot tub were not working so it was more like a giant hot bath tub.  I know the adults were a little disappointed, but it was nice for the kids to play in !
My Mom & cousin Heather trying to entertain all the little ones.







Supper time!  Linda had organized a prime rib supper for everyone!  It was really good!





The Great Grand Daughters of Sidney & Phyllis Forre.  They also took pictures of the Great Grandson, but as you can see by how Whitney was acting in this picture, I had my hands full when they were taking that picture so I did not get it.



Jenae & Whitney after a swim.  These are my 2 twins, just 8 years apart in age :-)


You can see in this picture how much Whitney LOVES her big sister!  I need to print this out for Jenae to remind her as how both her little sisters look up to her & she needs to set a good example for them :-)


Ahhh...the card ride home!  We hit a drive though & headed home when we checked out of the hotel.  Whitney was asleep before we even got to the drive through & the big girls crashed as soon as their belly's were full.  They were exhausted!  All that swimming really wears a girl out! 



No comments:

Post a Comment