Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Weekend

We had a really good weekend, it was so nice & quiet.  We got a lot done around the house & managed to have some fun too!  It has been a while since I have picked up my camera & just caputred everyday life.  When I look back at my blog over the years it is pictures from our everyday life that I enjoy looking at the most. 

I am reading a book right now called "Cleaning House" by Kay Wills Wyma.  It is about a mom's 12 month experiment to rid her house of youth entitlement.  I am not too far into it yet, but far enough to know I need to make some changes  in my house if I want my girls to grow up to be self sufficient, responsible children.  I am guilty of being the Mom that does everything for my kids because it is easier to just do it myself than to teach my kids to do it.  What I am realizing is that I am not doing my kids any favors by being this way.  SO I am trying real hard to do less & have my kids do more.  As of right now, things are going great.  I really hope I can stick with this!  One thing I am doing is that I am making Jenae make 1 meal for our family a week.  She get to pick what she wants to fix (as long as we have the ingredients on hand) & I will be right with her every step of the way for now until she is experienced enough to do it on her own.  For her first meal she chose that she wanted to fix Prime Rib, however, we do not have any prime rib so that idea not nixed right away.  Her second choice was homemade pizza, so that is what we went with.  We made it a fun experience by doing pizza & a movie.

Sunday was a nice day to just be around the house.  We got some much needed rain & some warm temps for January!  It is giving us all spring fever with the nice weather we have been having.  Aubree asked me when we could go swimming in the creek??  I think it is going to be awhile before that!  Actually Thursday I think is a high of 12 degrees, so that will send our system's into shock!!! 

Jenae mixing up the crust on her first ever homemade pizza.
working hard to get the crust all flattened out
Adding the toppings
The finished product!
Aubree enjoying Jenae's cooking!
After spending some time outside on Sunday, Aubree was ready for some hot chocolate & a cup cake :-)  I love her messy hair!!



Whitney trying the beef jerky.  It is a little on the spicy side, but she does not seem to care!
Whitney was not a happy camper this weekend.  Kyle & I are hoping she has some teeth coming in that contributed to her mood for the weekend.

She wants to be outside all the time.  She gets her stocking cap & wants to "go, go, go" & when she does not get to go this is the result!  Summer can not come soon enough for our household!!

Past blog posting I have posted about Jenae liking to make "mush" for the horses.  She loves to give them treats of any kind.  She found a some horse treat recipes online & wanted to make one on Sunday.  It was apple & carrots dipped in molasses & rolled in cracked corn.  Then baked until warm.  She & Aubree had a blast making them.
Trey was over at our house while Ben was cutting wood.  He had lots of fun helping feed treats to the horse.  He followed Jenae around with the plate of treats with that big ol' smile on his face the whole time!

Jenae feeding Poncho a treat. 

Whitney taking a spin on Rambo with Kyle.

1 comment:

  1. I just might have to get that book on my ipad to read. :) ~ Melissa Barlow

    ReplyDelete