Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Jr Rodeo

Yesterday we went to the Albion Jr. Rodeo. The girls had a good time. Jenae competed in the stick horse barrels, goat tail tie, and the boot race. She did good. When she did her stick horse barrels she stopped about 2 foot in front of the line and looked up at the flagger and smiled. Everyone was yelling at her to keep running. She finally took off and finished. I think it was the last year she will be willing to do the stick horse events. She was really wishing she had Beauty along.

I entered Aubree in the stick horse barrels, but the sand was so deep and with everyone looking at her she looked up at me and cried. After Jenae got all dressed up that day Aubree was ready to get dressed like a cowgirl too. She wanted to be just like Jenae and were a hat. Unfortunately she does not have a cowgirl hat yet so she wore her cap. She did not know the difference. I guess I will have look for a hat for her. I am not sure if they make them that small!
After the rodeo we went up to my Grandparents house for a little visit. It was nice to see them.

Then Jenae and Aubree went home with my parents to spend a couple of days. I am going to meet them tomorrow night to get them back. I am missing them like crazy, but it is nice for them to get to spend some one-on-one time or should I say two-on-two time with my parents.

Marilyn has been gone to Nashville for National FCCLA. It sounds like the Chambers kids did well as usually. All of them that qualified received golds!!! Marilyn works so hard with her kids and it shows! I know Jenae and Aubree will be happy to have their Grammy home!

No comments:

Post a Comment