Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Kyle's 2010 rodeo season is underway!

I do not even know where to start with our weekend, so I guess I will start with Friday (the logical place to start). Friday the temp got up to the mid 30's. It caused the ice on the trees and the power lines to fall off. Out were we live trees hang over the road. When I was driving home from work every time I went under a tree that was over the road it sounded like a hail storm. A ton of ice was falling and our power way blinking when we got home. Shortly after dark the power went off completely. Kyle was in Texas so he was not much help for us. The girls were scared and upset. Thankfully my wonderful in-laws let us come to there house until the power came back on. Chip hooked up the generator and Marilyn fixed us supper. It ended up being a fun time. We went home later that evening when the power came back on.

Saturday morning my sister, Lacey, called me to see if I wanted to ride along with her to Norfolk. At first I said no, but she talked me into it and it turned out to be a fun day. We met in O'Neill around noon and home about 9:30 that night. There was a woman's expo that we went too. It has a lot of fun booths. My Mom, sister, Danielle, and sister-in-law, Erin all came up to the expo as well. Later Lacey and I did some shopping. Shopping with a 5 (soon to be 6) year old, a 2 year old & baby made for a long day. Jenae and Riley actually did really good and were a lot of fun. Bree had some 2 year old moments :-)

Sunday the girls and I stayed home and mostly just hung out together. I did not do any house cleaning all day, I just enjoyed my girls. I have not decided if I am proud of myself or disappointed in myself for not doing any house work. I did have fun with the girls. We made some fun recipes out of Jenae's cookbook, we watched a movie and did other little things around the house.

Kyle left home on Tuesday of last week and was gone until last night. He was in Fort Worth and Denver. He was 5.0 on his first steer in Fort Worth. He has to run his 2nd one down there in a couple of weeks. Kyle did good in Denver. He made the short round and place in both the short round and the average! We were excited! The girls and I & had some adjusting to do with Kyle gone. The Jenae & Aubree actually did pretty good, but will be nice to have him back home for awhile before he goes back on the rodeo trail!

No comments:

Post a Comment