Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Rapid City

Kyle had a good weekend. He was in Rapid City on Friday and he spilt 3/4/5 in the second round of the steer wresting and ended up 2nd in the average. His traveling partner won the first round and won the average. They were a couple happy cowboys coming home that night!

The girls and I stayed close to home for the weekend. I have a head cold that is getting the best of me. It has been a long time since I have been sick I forget how being under the weather can take a lot out of a person. It really cut into my productivity of the weekend. We did manage to get valentines done for Jenae's school party and Aubree's daycare party. Jenae kept telling me "you know the party is on Friday ..... we better get them done"

My little Jenae turns 6 tomorrow. I just can't believe how fast time goes. She is turning it to such a big girl and is so much help around the house. She is really enjoys reading. She actually takes books to bed with her and reads until she is tired enough to go to sleep. She has been busy helping me plan her birthday parties. Tomorrow night Chip, Marilyn, Ben, Hope & Trey are coming over for supper and on Saturday my parents, siblings and all their kiddos are coming for dinner. We are looking forward to having everyone over.

Aubree has been keeping busy with her dolls. She has 5 dolls that she plays with all the time and has named them Allyx, Riley, Trey, Buster & Lucy. If those names sound familiar it would also be the names of her 3 baby cousins and our dogs. She usually sleeps with all of them (along with 3 teddy bears and a duck). It is fun to see her turning into her own little person with her own ideas about things. Aubree can be a little stinker about some things. She does not like to have her hair fixed and she thinks her jeans are too tight (even though they are plenty big) and deos not like wearing her winter coat. However when she is happy she is really fun to be around!!!

The weather here in Nebraska is COLD, COLD, COLD!!!! We are all ready for Spring to arrive. I guess this weather will really make us appreciate it when it does gets nice.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jenae!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Miss Jenae! Hope you guys are staying warm up there in Holt County....I won't tell you that most of the snow is gone here ;)

    ReplyDelete