Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Busy Times

It seems as the weather is getting nicer we are getting more busy. Jenae is getting really excited for school to be out. Today is her last day.



Last weekend the girls and I went to my parents house for the weekend. Kyle headed off to Tennessee for a rodeo. He had a little mishap in the steer wrestling and got a little banged up. He came down off of Rambo and hurt his hip. It appears to be just a bad bruise but he is pretty sore. Saturday Jenae, Aubree and I made a quick run to Norfolk to get a few things. My parents were helping with the Madison High School Rodeo so we stopped by there on our way back to my parents house. The plan was to brand the calves and work the cows on Sunday. They were calling for rain all day on Sunday so last minute we ended up getting the cattle moved home and branded and worked the calves on Saturday evening. Kyle was supposed to go a jackpot on Sunday in Iowa on his way home from Tennessee but decided with a bum hip that would not be a good idea. He ended up coming to my parents house on his way home on Saturday night and stayed to help on Sunday. We got up Sunday and worked the cows then moved them to pasture. Mom made a good dinner for all of us and then we went out to the arena to play for awhile. My parents got a hot heels awhile back. I had never roped it before, but it was a lot of fun. I kind of surprised myself that I still knew how to rope. I actually roped the calves during the branding as well. It was a lot of fun. I did not realize how much I miss that.



Monday Jenae had her PE fun day. It was super cute to watch a bunch of kindergartners do the events. We were proud of Jenae she did a good job and had a lot of fun. They had a reading program in the morning to recognize how much reading the kids had done. Jenae read or had read to her 497 books this year. She loves to read!



Tuesday Jenae helped me get my garden in. We planted tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, squash, corn, pumpkin, watermelon, onions and green beans. I also bought some strawberry plants I still need to get planted. I am as bad as a little kid. I go out every night expecting to see the seeds sprouting and the plants growing. Hopefully the warm weather they are calling for this weekend will get things going.



We are looking forward to a nice quiet weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment