Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

I would like to wish all you mothers out there a very happy belated Mother's Day! There is something so special about being a mom. I don't think I truly ever appreciated my own Mom until I was a mom myself. I have really great memories of growing up. My Mom always put her kids needs above her own. I am very thankful for the past 31 years my Mom has been my Mom :-) I feel bad I did not get to see her on Mother's Day, but hopefully I can make it to see her next weekend.

I had a great weekend with my girls. Kyle was gone all weekend, so it was just us girls home. It was a very laid back relaxing weekend. Saturday we had Chip, Marilyn, Ben, Hope and Trey over for dinner to treat Marilyn for Mother's Day. I made lasagna and Hope brought the rest of the meal. Marilyn does so much for us through out the year that it was fun to be able to do something for her. After we ate we went out to pick asparagus. Jenae is an asparagus hunting fool! She loves to pick it and she loves to eat it. She is not real big on eating vegetables, but asparagus is something she loves!! That evening the girls and I went outside and did some running around and tossed the ball around. It was not the nicest weather this weekend, but Saturday evening it was not bad outside.

Sunday I had nursery duty at church. We grabbed a bite to eat in O'Neill and headed home. We spent the day in the house. We watched a movie and baked some cookies. I really enjoyed the day with my girls! They are so much fun to be around. It was the perfect Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment