Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Weekend

We had a great weekend. On Friday night I told the girls when they woke up in the morning their Daddy would be home. I should have been more clear with Jenae. She woke up at 4:30 in the morning and thought Kyle should have been home. He was coming from Oklahoma and I did not expect him home until 6:00 am, and that was only if he drove straight through. She was so exited of the thought of him coming home she just milled around the house until 6:00. The sun was coming up and I told her if she wanted to call Kyle to see where he was she could. He was just about a mile away when she called. The girls were running, jumping, dancing, screaming, & smiling saying "DADDY IS COMING HOME" It was fun to see them so happy. It had been a long 4 weeks for them! Kyle was gone 3 days short of being gone for 4 full weeks.

Saturday we stayed close to home. I worked on getting Kyle's laundry all done up from being gone. That was a project in itself!!! That evening we went to a wedding in Chambers. Our friends Nick and Katie got married. It was a very nice wedding and was fun to visit with the Chambers crowd.

Sunday we went to Church. While Jenae was at Sunday School we took Aubree to the park. That afternoon we went to help Chip sort off some of the cows that he did not want to bring home for the branding. Aubree wanted to go a long to help on Cinnamon. I ponied Cinnamon on my horse. We could not go real fast. Cinnamon's trot is about as fast as a horses walk. Aubree and my job was to watch the gate while Kyle, Chip & Jenae sorted the cows off. Aubree did good. It was her first real cattle job she got to ride Cinnamon on. Usually she rides with me on my horse. She was a good trooper and seemed to have fun.

We are branding tomorrow so it should be a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment