Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Ranch work

We have been keeping busy at the Whitaker Ranch. A week ago Jenae and I went along with Kyle to a rodeo in Minnesota. It was about an hour north of the Twin Cities which is 9 hours from home. We left Friday about 9:00 at night and got there at 6:30 the next morning. He rodeoed that night and we turned around and come home, well actually back to my parents house. I knew it was going to be a lot of driving in a short amount of time and knew Aubree would not enjoy the trip enough to justify taking her so Jacque and Lacey picked her up and took her to Newman Grove with them. Kyle doctor released out of the Bronc riding due to his hip that he hurt a few weeks ago in Tennessee. He drew the worst steer in the pin in the steer wrestling and had no luck but he made a nice run in the calf roping and was 3rd with a 10.5 sec run. Jenae was really excited to get to go along and extra excited when she found out that her friends Bridee and Lainee were going to be there. The girls had a good time playing together. We left after the rodeo and got to my parents house about 7:00 Sunday morning. It was my Grandpa's birthday and we had a family reunion that day. It was nice to get to see Grandpa on his birthday. We did not stay real long we were all ready to get home after 2 nights of all night diving. For some reason I think Kyle let me do a little more than my share of the driving. I like to think of myself as a relief driver when he can't go any more I take over so he can get some sleep he thinks of me as a co-driver and I need to do my share of the driving. :-)

Monday afternoon the Zutavern's came up for a visit. My girls always have so much fun playing with the boys. It was so nice to have them up for the day. Bryan was really good playing with Aubree. He played with her and lead her around on Cinnamon. Then they got busy catching toads. Jenae and Aubree have been busy catching toads ever since. My sweet little girls playing with toads!!!! I have even caught Aubree giving the toads a kiss on the lips. Maybe she thinks they will turn into a prince???

Kyle went to the doctor to have his hip looked at on Tuesday. He has had a big lump on his hip and the Doctor was afraid it would have infection in it and if that was the case he would have to have surgery to remove it. Luckily for Kyle there was no infection. The Doctor started to drain it and he said if he could get 100 cc's out of him that they would be doing good. Well Kyle set a record and they took out 250 cc's of fluid. It has made a huge difference on how he feels. He entered the Bronc riding in Licking MO last night and was a 79. It sounds like he made a nice run the calf roping as well. Unfortunately in the steer wresting the judge said he knocked the steer down instead of throwing it and did not get a time.

The past week AIing the cattle has consumed a lot of time for Kyle and Chip. For my blog followers who don't know AI stands for artificially inseminate. Jenae really enjoys getting to ride and help sort off the cows. Wednesday was the last of the AIing and they put the bulls out. We moved the heifers to another pasture and the neighbors bull went a little crazy when we rode by him. He was running along the side of the fence calling out to the heifers.

Jenae said "Why is that bull acting like that?"

Chip said something about the bull being interested the heifers and I said something about the bull was looking for a new girl friend.

Jenae said "Grandpa, I think that bull just wants to breed our heifers!" So much for Chip and I trying to be subtle about it!

I am looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend. I need to do some yard work and some painting around our place. I hope you all have an enjoyable weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment