Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Weekend

We had a nice weekend. Actually I don't ever remember not having a nice weekend. I love all weekends because I am with my girls and not at work :-).

Speaking of my girls I finally got them back from my parents on Thursday evening. It was so good to have them back home. I really missed them. I was so busy missing them that it was not until I got them back that I realized how nice it was to have a couple days to myself to get caught up on some house work. It sounds like they had a fun time with my parents. Back in the day when I was a little girl my Grandpa and Grandma Noble would have us come stay with them a couple days every summer. We got totally spoiled and had a lot of fun. They only lived 15 miles from us but Grandma always called it our "vacation" with them. My Parents now do it with their grand kids. I asked Jenae "Do you think Grandma and Grandpa were ready for you to go home?" She said "yeah probably, but I think they enjoyed having me there too!" It was such a grown up thing to say! Sometimes I forget she is 6.

Marilyn made it home from Denver on Thursday. She is doing amazing after her surgery. I am so happy for her. It is really nice to have her back home again.

Friday night I had to meet Kyle at North Platte on his way home from a rodeo in Santa Fe, NM. His ride ended there. My wonderful in-laws kept the girls so I did not have to have them on the road so late. I did not meet up with Kyle until 12:30 am and did not get home until 4:30. Hope reminded me of how when Kyle & I were dating I found this lifestyle exciting. 10 years and 2 kids later....not so exciting anymore to me :-). I am now more excited to get sleeping time in instead of driving time.

Saturday we got up early to watch Jenae practice run the barrels and poles. She is getting ready for her first Jr. Rodeo. It was so hot and muggy on Saturday she wanted to ride right away in the morning. Kyle & Chip took off around 10:00 to head to Buffalo, MN. The girls & I had a relaxing day. I worked in my garden while they played in the sprinkler. The flood we had a few weeks ago has made it impossible to go play in the creek. It is still really deep and not safe to have the girls in it, so to get our water fix we have been opting for the sprinkler.

Saturday night we met our friends Matt & Heidi at the new cafe in Chambers for supper. The Main Street Cafe is AWESOME!!! Some of the best food I have ever had. It is worth the drive from about anywhere to try out! The kids had a lot of fun together.

Sunday Kyle rolled back in to our place around 6:00 in the morning from Buffalo MN. It is nice to have him home for a couple of days before the 4th of July run. He was pretty tired so I did not put him to work too hard yesterday. I do have some "projects" around the place I need him to help me with before he hits the road again.

The biggest event of the weekend by far is that Kassie is back!!!! My girls love her so much. Kassie is Kyle's cousin, Melinda's, daughter. She is staying this week part at our house and part of the week at Hope's house. I heard Aubree tell her last night "You are my Kassie, nobody else's Kassie" it was cute.

Last night the girls wanted to ride their horses. It was an eventful night. Speedster bit Jenae when Chip was cinching him up & a little later Aubree fell off Beauty. I am not sure what Kassie thought of it all. We usually do not have that much excitement!

We are excited the puppies are starting to open their eyes. I will try to get some more pictures of them to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment