Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Chambers Jr. Rodeo

We had a great day on Saturday at the Chambers Jr. Rodeo.  I had so many good pictures from the day it was hard to choose what ones to post.  The weather was perfect for a Jr. Rodeo. It was mid 70s, lots of sunshine with a little breeze.  We could not have picked a better day for it.  The rodeo ran along very smooth, it started around 9:30 and was all over with by 2:00.  I wish all Jr. Rodeos were over that quickly!!  The girls both did good.  Jenae won the barrels & was 2nd in the poles.  She made a nice goat run, but did not place.  She was excited to win $70!  The Chambers Jr. Rodeo was a profitable rodeo for her :-) When I showed her the barrel run on my computer she said to me "Mom, is your computer in slow motion?"  I said "no" She said, "Well I can't believe I won going that slow, next time I will have to push him a little harder!"
Aubree did the stick horse events.  She was not to crazy about doing them, but with a little pep talk from Grandpa she was ready to go.  She was glad she did them as she got 4th in the stick horse barrels & 4th in the goat tail untie. 

The Zutavern crew came up for the day.  It was so fun to have them there.  My girls play & enjoy the boys so much!  We are looking forward to the Dunning 4th of July Rodeo to see them all again.

The Halsey family did an outstanding job putting on the rodeo.  We are very thankful that they got it going again.  It is so nice to have a local Jr. Rodeo to attend!

Since this post has so many pictures on it I thought I would do a separate post for Father's day.  Hopefully I can get that done tomorrow! 


Chip helping Jenae into the arena with Speedster.

Jenae starting her barrel run.

Speedster long stride really shows in the picture as they turned their 3rd barrel.

Chip getting Aubree ready for her stick horse events!

Aubree running the stick horse barrels.  Not sure how long we are going
to keep her interested in stick horse events!

Aubree running the stick horse poles.

Trey hanging out on the roping dummy.

Aubree with her first rodeo winnings!! 
She won money in the stick horse poles & the goat tail untie.

Caden & Aubree looking to see what kind of treats they got in their goody bags.
Each of the stick horse contestants got a bag full of candy!

Aubree & Caden walking back to the arena.  They are such good Buddy's!



Jenae & Reece hanging out on their horses.  They had a great time riding around the fair grounds. 
At one time they even went and found a barn to tie them up in for a little bit! 

We were walking to the concession stand and I looked back & Aubree was not with me.
I found her several feet back laying on the ground.  I guess this rodeo lifestyle is just hard
on a little girl!

Jenae getting ready to run her pole patten.

Jenae & Speedster running the poles.


No comments:

Post a Comment