Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Never a dull moment.....

Tuesday night Kyle was leaving for a rodeo in Garden City, Kansas.  The girls & I were outside waiting to say good bye to Kyle.  He was off getting his horses caught & loaded up and the girls were playing in the barn.  I really did not think much of it since they spend a lot of time playing with the baby kitties.  Erin, Kyle traveling partner's girlfriend, went into the barn and I heard her say "Aubree what are you holding" and with in seconds I hear a scream followed my crying.  It turns out that Aubree was holding a baby shrew.  Her cat, Buddy, was in the process of killing it & for some crazy reason she felt compelled to pick it up & hold it before it was dead.  It scratched & bit her, thankfully not very hard.  It barely broke the skin & it only bled for a couple of minutes.  I wish I would have taken a picture of Aubree & what she was wearing when she had she shrew incidence.  A picture is worth a 1000 words but I will do my best to explain it.  She loves to dress up in what ever she can find.  She had on a tie dyed tank top of Jenae's that Aubree wears as a dress.  She had put a belt around her waist, & a shrug over her  her dress, topped off with her pink cowboy boots.  It was an interesting look!  I am not sure what would possess her to pick up such a critter, but Aubree is one of those kids who is not afraid to pick anything up.  She loves to catch frogs, toads & butterflies.  Last summer I found her picking up snakes & now she picks up a shrew???   I told her she does not need to be trying to catch wild animals!!!  Right after it happened she was crying saying it was a gopher that she had picked up.  She said, "well, it was either a gopher or a beaver"  Jenae actually saw it and she said it was a shrew.  I didn't look at it as I was more concerned with Aubree than seeing what bit her. 

With kids life is never dull!  Aubree is someone who we never know what she is going to come up with. 

The other day when she was riding she looked at me and said "I want Beauty to run....Duh!!  I am not sure where she learned that word!!!

At my ultrasound a few weeks ago she said to the ultrasound tech "Now this is very important....where is the baby's butt?"  We had not done a good job of explaining the ultrasound process to Aubree. We told her she was getting to go along to find out if she would be having a baby sister or a baby brother.  We failed to tell her that the baby would still be in my tummy for 4 1/2 more months.  When we were finished with the ultrasound I sat up & pulled my shirt back over my stomach & Aubree said "but where is the baby?"  She was so sure we were going to get to take it home!!  If only having a baby was that easy!!! 

Jenae has been busy spending time in the saddle.  She is currently riding one of Chip's horses that he really does not enjoy riding that much.  She has taken off & is doing really well with him.  Chip is wanting to sell him, but I am not sure Jenae is ok with that.  I am sure she is thinking he would be her next barrel prospect!!    Her big task of the summer is mastering the goat tying.  Last night Kyle was working with her on her tie & she made some good progress. 

One of my facebook friends had the following on her status. "Always look at the good things in life & never dwell on what keeps your head down...if you keep your head down you will miss the blessings"  This quote is so true & my blog helps me to realize all the blessings I have in my life.  When I write about our day to day life, I really appreciate the simple moments in it & all the blessings I have been blessed with! 

No comments:

Post a Comment