Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

On the go

This summer is just flying by!  My girls have been on the go!!  I looked back at July and there were only 5 days that Jenae & Aubree have not had somewhere "fun" to go & it looks like the rest of July they will be on the go as well!

Last week we got home from De Smet on Monday afternoon about 2:00.  Mostly we spent the afternoon resting and trying to get laundry caught up.  My parents like to have the girls come for a couple days in the summer to have a little "vacation" at their house.  As the summer is flying by, I had told mom that last week was looking like the only time between now and school starting that would work for them to come for a few days.  The plan was to meet up with my parents on Tuesday evening after work and send the girl with them & Mom would bring them back to me on Thursday evening on her way to my sister's house.  Well, Mom called about 7:00 Monday evening and said "is there anyway we could meet up with you tonight and Jenae & Aubree?"  Danielle, Dusty, & Erin were planning a day at the water park in Columbus on Tuesday with all of the kids and they thought they wanted to have Mom, Jenae & Aubree join them.  I quickly packed bags for the girls and we meet up with my parents at Pizza Hut in Neligh.  It sounds like they had a blast at the water park!!  They enjoyed the few days at my parents and I got them back on Thursday night. 

Friday Hope was over to her parents house and helped Jenae run barrels.  She wanted to take the girls swimming in Orchard that afternoon so they went home with her.  It ended up that the pool was closed due to a pool party so they didn't make it to the swimming pool, but had a lot of fun playing at Aunt Hope's house!  Marilyn & I went over to get them that evening.  It was fun to see Trey's big boy room & the baby's room. 

Friday night Kyle was at Wahoo.  His Aunt Linda and some of her family was there to watch him.  He won the steer wrestling there.  From there Kyle & Chip headed to Iron River, MI.  It was a long ways up there but both Kyle & Chip won a little so it was worth the trip.  Kyle said it was nice and cool up there, they did not even need to run the AC in the trailer.  I sure wish we could get some of that coolness to come our way! 

Saturday morning I went over and helped Marilyn with chores.  Then the girls & I headed up to Lacey's house to help her pack for their move.  Jenae & Aubree were really good help & entertainment for Riley and we were able to help Lacey get quiet a bit done.  I had told the girls if they were good we would go home though Atkinson and go swimming for a little bit.  It was such a hot day that the pool felt awesome!!!  We got home and went over to help with chores again then home to do our own chores and then it was off to bed!  It was a big day!!!

Sunday we went to church.  It had been about 3 weeks since we were there, so I felt like I needed to make the effort to get there.  After church I spent the morning trying to get caught up around the house.  That afternoon my cousin, Heather, came over.  She had a little mishap and ended up locking her keys in her pickup.  While we were outside trying to get them out Jenae & Aubree were busy playing in the yard, barn and sometimes would go back in the house to cool off. It had been about 15 minutes since I had seen Aubree, so I thought I should go check on her.  I thought she was probably in the barn playing with kitties.  I checked there no Aubree, then I went to the house to look for her, no Aubree.  I headed back to the barn thinking maybe she was in the haymow as I was walking toward the barn I could hear a faint cry coming from the shed I park my car in.  I went and found her in my car.  She was a ball of sweat and crying hysterically. Sunday was in the upper 90s.  I was just sick to think what would have happened to her if i had not found her when I did or if my car would have been parked in the sun on such a hot day.  It still upsets me when I think about it.  I asked her what in the world she was doing in the car.  For some crazy reason she went there to cool off and thought the air conditioner would be going in my parked car.....hopefully she learned her lesson, I know I sure did!! 

Jenae checking out Lacey's new house.

Jenae & Aubree having a treat at the pool.

Aubree floating around the pool.

Jenae loves the water!!

Aubree decided to try sticking her head under the water coming off the mushroom.

1 comment:

  1. Halie,
    I love reading your blogs, you have a wonderful family. I just wanted to say that I was at the Iron River, MI U.P. Championship Rodeo and had a chance to see Chip and Kyle. I am a beginner roper, and to have the amazing opportunity to see two of the best ropers in the nation doing what they do best was a great experience. Both Chip and Kyle did great. I hope all is well with the Whitaker family!

    ReplyDelete