Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A rodeo weekend

Kyle, Chip, Jenae & Aubree packed up on Wednesday night and headed for Madison County Fair & Rodeo.  It was the first stop on their weekend of rodeos.  I grew up going to the Madison County Fair & I still love getting to go back for it.  Unfortunately I did not get to go along.  My parents met up with the girls there & helped entertain them during the rodeo.  Danielle's family also came over for the night.  Jenae & Aubree always love getting to see their cousins!  Kyle did well in Madison.  Kyle won the saddle bronc riding and was 5th in the steer wresting. 

They loaded up after Madison and headed for Hamel, MN.  This is one of Kyle favorite rodeo weekends and he has taken Jenae with him every year since she was 2, I think.  This year he thought he wanted to take both girls.  Thank goodness for Grandpa going along to help out!  The girls had a blast & I think they are kind of liking this living on the rodeo trail life style.   At Hamel slack a news reporter was there & interviewed a bunch of little girls sitting there watching their dads compete.  Jenae & Aubree were in the bunch.  They did not ask Aubree any questions but she was sitting right there. Jenae did really well answering the questions.  I was able to see it via facebook.    Kyle made a nice bronc ride and ended up 7th.  The timed events did not go so well for Kyle at Hamel.

From Hamel it was off to Spooner, WI.  From what Kyle says Spooner is a great place to take a family.  They have a nice place for trailers to park under trees and plug ins.  The Morton Family was at Spooner the same time.  Jenae & Aubree had so much fun playing with the Morton kids.  They have a daughter a couple years older than Jenae and her name is Danae.  Aubree did not realize her name started a "D" instead of a "J" and Aubree referred to her as "the other Jenae, not our Jenae, but the other Jenae"  it was cute! 
Kyle was 8th in the Steer Wrestling at Spooner.

They spent the night in Spooner & made there way over to Isanti on Saturday afternoon.  No luck at Isanti for Kyle.  They headed for home and made it back to chambers by 6:30 Sunday morning.  I was so happy to see my girls!!!  (& Kyle too :-)  I missed them so much.  I was the official chore girl for the weekend.  Me & my go ol' trusty dog Buster!  I actually one time on Saturday called him Bree instead of Buster.  We were finishing up chores over at Chip's and I turned to him and said "ok, lets go home Bree...I mean Buster"

Something with Aubree changed while she was on the road.  She went from a little girl who would change her clothes 3-5 times a day to a little girl who whats to wear the same outfit all day/night and the next day. She is my child of extremes!!! 

Marilyn is out in California to for the FCCLA Nationals.  It sounds like they are having a great time. 

Kyle & Chip were up in the rodeo in Nelson, NE last night.  They left before I got home from work & so they took the girls with them again!  Jenae & Aubree were more than ready to load up and head to the rodeo again!  They did not get home until 1:30 this morning so it was another evening at home alone for me.  As much as I have missed  getting to spend much time with them over the weekend, I know the time they are spending and the memories they are making with their Dad & Grandpa are priceless!!!  I guess when they left the rodeo last night Aubree was wanting to go to another.  She thought they should be going back to Wisconsin from Nelson!! 

Jenae & the Morton kids on the go carts.  Jenae was excited that she is finally
tall enough to go on her own!  Kyle said she had a few crashes!!

Aubree playing miniture golf. 

Silly Aubree!!!

Aubree eating some lunch!

The kids playing in the camping area.

Eating some lunch!

The Whitakers & Mortons eating lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment