Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Whitney meets her family!

I am feeling so blessed and happy with the precious little bundle of joy the Lord has blessed us with.  My original due date was Oct 4th.  Jenae was 2 weeks early & Aubree was 2 days early so we really did not know when to expect little miss Whitney!  I went into labor about 6:30 yesterday morning.  I had a doctor appointment scheduled for 9:00.  I despite being in labor, I was actually feeling pretty good.  I decided to go to work for an hour before my appointment.  When I got to work I started tracking my contractions and they were 6-7 minutes apart.  When I got to the doctor, it did not take him long to decide I needed to be checking into the hospital as opposed to going back to work.  I was already dilated to a 5.  By the time I got checked in to the hospital I was already a 7.  Kyle headed up to the hospital and got there just after my epidural.  My progression slowed way down after my epidural, but I didn't care, as I didn't feel a thing!  Whitney made her grand entrance at 3:02 yesterday afternoon.  Chip had been in town most of the day & kept checking in with Kyle through out the day.  Marilyn picked up the girls after school and they came up to meet Miss Whitney.  Jenae & Aubree were both pretty shy & had a lack of word at first.  It didn't take them long to settle in and start acting like themselves.  I have a feeling Whitney is gong to be getting a lot of love in the Whitaker house!  Jenae & Aubree went home with Chip & Marilyn so Kyle could spend the night in the hospital with me.  We kept Whitney in our room with us.  She was a very content baby.  She only woke up at 2:00 to nurse and she went right back to sleep. 

It sounds like Jenae & Aubree were both pretty wound up last night and this morning talking about their new little sister.   I talked to Jenae on the phone this morning.  She was all worried how she was going to concentrate at school today thinking about Whitney.  She said to me "Mommy, should I just pretend that you have not had Whitney yet?.....but I can't do that because I need to tell my classmates that she was born"  Marilyn said that Aubree kept forgetting Whitney's name.  I am afraid there is going to be some fighting as to who gets to hold her first when we get home.  I am so thankful that they are both so excited about their baby sister!!

Our first family picture as a family of 5!
Happy Daddy with his baby girl!  I think she already has him wrapped around her little finger!!

Jeane takes her turn with Whitney!

Aubree finally getting to hold Whitney.  She has waited a long time for this moment!
Chip & Marilyn holding Whitney for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment