Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Louisville

Here I am very behind in my blog posting again!!!   I will try to sum up Louisville as best I can just to get this post done then try to recap our Thanksgiving celebrations in another post. 
Our trip to Louisville went pretty smooth considering that it is was almost 2000 miles round trip.  As we were pulling into our driveway the odometer read 1995.  Kyle had tripped it before we left home.  All 3 girls travel good.  I really couldn’t have asked for them to do any better. 
Kyle came away with winning the circuit All Around title and the circuit Steer Wrestling title.  By winning the steer wrestling  title it qualified him to go to the Ram National Circuit Finals Rodeo in March.  The rodeo used to be held in Pocatello, but they have now moved  it to Oklahoma City at the end of March.  I am excited for that upcoming trip. 
On Friday Kyle & Chip took Jenae & Aubree to Churchill Downs to watch the races.  They met up with some friends there and they all had a great time.  Whitney & I stayed back at the hotel to have a little r&r! 
I am so glad we took all 3 girls. I was not sure about taking all of them, but we could not decide who we should leave home so we just took all of them.  Jenae & Aubree had a blast playing with the Burks girls.  Whitney was a superstar traveler.  She slept most of the trip.
As fun as it was to go, it was so nice to be home again!!!    We got home Sunday around 4:00 in the afternoon.  It was nice to still be on maternity leave & have a few days to get rested up before making the transition back to work.  I went back to work on Thursday the 17th for ½ of a day & also worked a ½ of a day on Friday.  It was nice to go back for ½ days so it was not too hard on me or Whitney.  We both found out that we could survive me going back to work ;-)  I am not sure who it was harder on Kyle or Whitney to not have me home all day!!!  All in all the transition back to work is going as well as can be expected.  I had a few tears on Thursday when left Whitney for the first time, but I have done good since then. I am so thankful to have a great daycare to take Whitney to & a great husband who is also taking care of her some of the time I am back to work. I am also thankful that I enjoy my job.  I can’t imagine having to go back to work to a job I didn’t like or leaving my baby with a daycare I was not 100% comfortable with.   I will not work a regular work week until the middle of December, so hopefully easing back into work will be good for all of us!
Girls being silly kids at Churchill Downs.



A race at Churchill Downs.

Chip & Aubree watching a race


Jenae & Aubree & Churchill downs with Bridee.

Jenae looking so grown up :-)

Aubree washing up after playing at the petting zoo.

J
Whitney

Aubree, Jenae & Whitney before the rodeo on Friday night.

Little girls cheering on their daddy's!!  Jenae & Aubree along with the Burks girls.

Kyle and Miss Whitney after the rodeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment