Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

RNCFR


We have been home for over week and I am just now getting around to getting my blog updated.  Kyle let me, Aubree & Whitney tag along him!  We had a great time!  Jenae stayed home to "help" Chip with calving & go to school.  I felt guilty leaving her home and taking the other girls until she told me "getting to stay with Grandpa & Grandma by myself is paradise!"  She also got so spend a lot of time over at Hope & Ben's house.  It was fun to have Aubree have a chance to be the "big sister".  I actually learned a lot from Aubree, not having Jenae doing the talking and decision making for the both of them.  I was shocked how much Aubree LOVES corn dogs.  When we would go out to eat with Jenae & Aubree, Jenae always orders chicken strips or chicken nuggets off  the kids meal, so I assumed that is what Aubree would want also.  Now I know better!  Aubree would much more prefer a corn dog!  I think Aubree ate 4 corn dogs on our trip! 
One day we were able do some shopping at the Stock Yards & another day Kyle took us to the Cowboy Hall of Fame.  I think it is actually called the National Museum  for Western Heritage, but I went to it when I was younger and then it was call the Cowboy Hall of Fame, so to me that is what it will be referred to the rest of the time in my blog post.  We had a lot of fun there, even Bree had a great time! 

The rodeo went well.  Kyle made it to the final 8 then progressed to the final 4 round.  He didn't draw the steer to win it on, but tried to make a go of it & ended up leaving a little to early and broke the barrier.  It was a heartbreaking run, but that is rodeo!!!

Aubree & Whitney in the pickup in Oklahoma City


Kyle with the girls at supper on our first night in OKC.  Whitney must have thought something was funny!

Me & Whitney at supper!
Kyle & Bree headed to the Stock Yards for Dinner.

You know you take too many pictures of you kids when you take the places and they say "Hey Mom, Take a picture of me on this boot!

Whitney & Aubree in the Trailer before the first night of the rodeo.  We almost missed the Rodeo because I was too busy taking pictures!

Me with Aubree & Whitney at the Cowboy Hall of Fame.  Hope loaned me her baby carrier for the trip & it came in very handy!  Whitney slept a lot! 

Bree jumping over the water at the Hall of Fame.

Bree being her silly self!
Aubree & Kyle feeding the geese.  Aubree's highlight of the Hall of Fame was seeing the geese that live there!

Not sure we were supposed to be feeding them, but they sure liked getting to eat Whitney's cereal!

There was a whole building for kids to play in at the Hall of Fame.  The girls found saddles that were just there size!
Kyle & Whitney

Bree in a play house at the Hall of Fame.

Bree making some coffee over a campfire!

Whitney woke up a happy girl! 

Bree making some beans :-)
Whitney out in garden area of the Hall of Fame

Kyle in the media room doing an interview.

Kyle with Aubree & Whitney out for an afternoon ride!

Happy girls sitting on their Daddy's lap!

Aubree had lots of fun with my little camera taking pictures!


At Trapper's Fishcamp & Grill

Kyle and Miss Whitney!

No comments:

Post a Comment