Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Dunning 4th of July Rodeo!


I have one word to describe the 4th of July.  HOT!!!!!!!!!!!  I knew with taking Whitney to the rodeo I was going to need another set of hands.  I had a gal from Chambers, Kelsey, go along with me for the day.  I am so thankful she was there!!!
 
Jenae spent the night of the 3rd at Chip & Marilyn's house so she would be there & they could leave first thing in the morning for Dunning.  I came down in the van with Kelsey, Aubree & Whitney.  We got to Dunning right at 9:00 when the rodeo was supposed start didn't actually get going for another 1/2 hour so we were there plenty early.  

Kelsey did great at keeping the girls entertained.  It was so hot & Kyle's Aunt Amy, who lives just 1 mile from the rodeo grounds said that Kelsey could take the girls up there to stay cool.  We took Amy up on her offer & I think Aubree, Whitney & Kelsey were all very thankful to be in a nice cool house! 

Jenae did well at the rodeo.  Her goat slipped a leg so she ended up with  a no time in that event & she did knock a pole over.  However she got 4th in the barrels so she was happy!

With it being so hot, I did not get many pictures from the day. 

When Jenae was done with her events we loaded up & headed for home!  It was close to 4:00 when we left.  We hustled right home to get Chip, Jenae & Aubree & Kyle's horses packed up to head to Hamel MN to meet up with Kyle.  It was a long day for Chip with being out in the heat of the Jr. Rodeo all day then driving all night with 2 little girls to meet up with Kyle.  I am pretty sure he earned dad/grandpa of the year award that day!

The girls have made this their annual trip with Kyle.  I think Jenae has went every year since she was 2 & this is Aubree's 2nd year of  going.  I am thinking I will be sending Whitney along next year as well :-) Ha!
They brought Kyle home with them on Sunday & we were home as a family Sunday & Monday before heading out to Colorado Springs.  Whitney was so happy to see her Daddy!  She was pretty clingy to him for the next couple days. 
Aubree, Whitney & Kelsey trying to stay cool.

Jenae & a couple of her rodeo friends.

Aubree feeding Whitney a Popsicle to try to keep cool.

Jenae starting her goat run.

Jenae getting her goat tied.

No comments:

Post a Comment