Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Denver Zoo


Slowly by surly I am getting my blog caught up from our vacation!  I have one more post after this one & I think I will have the trip all blogged about! 

Thursday morning we got up early to head to the zoo to try to beat the heat.  It was a really nice zoo & it had a wide variety of animals.  It was warm, but not a miserable heat.  If we stayed in the shade it was just not too bad.  The zoo had most of the walk ways shaded, it was a nice.

When we got done at zoo, we grabbed a quick dinner at Arby's then headed to the hotel to get some rest! 
That evening we met up with Marilyn's sister & niece for supper & did some shopping at a Whole Foods Store.  I enjoy any time I get to the "city" and can do some shopping in different stores.  I would not trade where I live for all the money in the world, but it is fun to get to a more populated area from time to time! 

Aubree & Jenae in front of the Zebra's a the Zoo.

Aubree was most excited to see Giraffes at the zoo.


Jenae was super excited to see that they had Przewalsik's Horses at the zoo.

The camels were laying down. We thought that was pretty cool!

Jenae thought this animal was really neat.  It looked like part Zebra & part something else.  I think it was call an Okapi.

We had to stop for an frozen lemonade & to rest our legs!  I think Whitney ate more than anyone else did!
 She loved it!
Strollers were not allowed in Bird World, so Whitney & I hung out outside.  Marilyn took this picture of the girls.

Me & the girls at the zoo/

Jenae seeing how she measures up!

Aubree seeing how long her arms are.

Marilyn & the girls at the zoo.

Whitney LOVED the zoo.  She was so happy to watch all the animals.  She would make this really cute sound when she would spot the animal in its cage.  She was a real trooper, but I knew she was getting tired.  She was not happy in her stroller as she was to low to see much so I carried her around for most of the day.  I could tell she was getting really tired & I put her in her stroller for a few minutes & she was sound to sleep with in minutes!!

Jenae thought this was a nice place to take a picture!

Whitney only slept maybe 1/2 hr then she was up ready to see the animals again.  We were all getting tired, but had not yet seen the lions.  Aubree REALLY wanted to see them, so we made our way over to the lions den.  This Lion was lying right up close to the glass.  It is the closest I ever care to get to a lion!

We went to Whole Foods for supper that night & met Marilyn's sister Sandy & niece, Jonnye

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun in Colorado! Wish I had known! You were less than a mile from my house when you were at the Zoo - probably could have met you there :). Next time!

    ReplyDelete