Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

A cattle sale & a wedding


Here I am a week behind in my blogging!!  I will try real hard this week to get caught up!  I have a lot to write about!  A week ago Saturday was a really big day!  Susan & I flew in to Grand Island & our plane landed right about 10:00 pm Friday night.  We pulled into my drive way about midnight.  Kyle & the girls were up & going early Saturday morning as it was sale day!  I was so excited to see my little family so I got up early also!  Whitney gave me the biggest hug when I held her.  It melted my heart!  It was a chilly morning to head out & round up the cattle.  Kyle & Jenae went out as soon as it was light enough to get going.  It was strange to not see Kyle on horseback.  Hope, Jenae & Chip were the riders, Ben, Kyle, Trey & Aubree were a foot.  I was moving pretty slow & it was really cold out so I enjoyed snuggling with Aubree & Whitney.  We made it out to the heard about the time the semi got there to load out. 

Once they were loaded & on there way, the girls & I went to home to get ready for the day.  Kyle & Chip & Aubree went down to Ericson as soon as the cattle were loaded up, while Jenae, Whitney, Marilyn & I didn't head that way until 11:00.  The cattle sold good & the kids were all fairly well behaved during the sale, so it was a good day :-)

That night Marilyn fixed ribs & had everyone over to watch the Husker game, but Whitney & I went to O'Neill to a wedding reception for  my very good friend Amber.  Amber looked beautiful & seems so happy!  It was a fun evening, but I was exhausted so I think I was home before 10:00! 

The crew getting the cattle in before the sale.  Kyle is being following orders to stay off his horses!  It was really cold that morning, everyone was really bundled up!


Here comes the truck to load out!  Bree watching from afar!

Happy Whitney enjoying the cattle sale.

Ben & Chase at the sale barn.

Chip & Marilyn with Trey watching the sale.

Chase giving Whitney some love!

My parents with Whitney at Amber's wedding.

My sister Lacey with her husband & youngest little boy.

Me & Whitney

My social butterfly!  Now that she is walking all over, she does not know a stranger!!!  She wondered around the tables looking for people who would fuss over her!

I forgot toys to entertain Whitney.  Glad Lacey & brought some for Colin. 

My little dancing queen!  Whitney loved the dance!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment