Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Happy Birthday Marilyn


Friday night we had Marilyn's belated birthday party.  We all met at Hope's house for pizza, cake & ice cream.   It had been awhile since we were all together, so it was nice to have a evening to chat & catch up with everyone.  The kids had a great time playing.  Whitney was Grammy's girl all  night!

Saturday Kyle made is 2013 rodeo debut in Rapid City.  He was 4.4 but broke out. Not what he was hoping for, but I think he was glad to get his first rodeo under his belt since his surgery in September.  The girls & I had a nice relaxing day planned.  Funny when you plan a nice relaxing day how it usually does not end up that way.  Whitney was crabby & fussy all day.  Jenae had basketball practice in the morning & picking her up was right in the middle of nap time for Whitney.  I decided to keep Whitney up for the morning & hope she would talk a long afternoon nap.  Whitney's nap time is very precious time for me.  It is usually when I get my laundry folded & put away & any general housework done.  When I finally got her down for her nap I was all geared up & ready to tackle my housework.  However the housework would have to wait.  I got a phone call from a neighbor that we had cattle out.  Chip was with Kyle in Rapid City & Marilyn was in Norfolk having lunch with some friends. I left Whitney sleeping with Jenae & Aubree in charge.   I ventured out to make sure they were our cattle & then called Hope & Ben for help.  They came over & got things put in where they needed to go.  Needless to say Whitney was awake & all geared up on sugar with my house looking like a tornado had went through it by the time we got done with the cattle project.   

Sunday Whitney was still being fussy & had a bad cough.  She & I stayed home from church.  Kyle took the big girls.  Again I had high hopes of getting some house work done, but Whitney was a little on the demanding side so no such luck again!  For supper Jenae made her 2nd family meal. This time I didn't let her pick, I had planned on taco for supper.  It was a good meal for her to learn to cook,  super easy & the whole family really likes.  She did well & seems so proud of her accomplishments. 

Kyle left Monday morning for San Angelo Texas & Whitney woke up with a fever.  I got to make the lovely early morning call to my boss that I would not be in to work.  Oh the joys of being a working mama!  I took Whitney into the doctor & she had double ear infection.  No wonder she was such a crabby baby all weekend long!!  I stayed home with her on Tuesday just to get her feeling better before taking her back to Lindsay's.  Kyle got home yesterday morning right at 6:00.  No luck in San Angelo, just didn't draw what he needed to.  Hopefully he will draw the good ones in San Antonio!  I had a big 3 days of work Wednesday-Friday.  We had a booth at the Farm & Home Show in O'Neill for State Farm on Wednesday & Thursday.  I had the late shift yesterday & had to work until 7.  So glad it is Friday today!!! 





Grammy blowing out the birthday candles. 


Grammy getting lots of help opening her gifts.
Chase & Jenae playing toys.


Aubree & Trey waiting excitedly for some cake!


Jenae's 2nd meal she was in charge of was tacos.  She made a taco salad for Kyle.  I am trying to decide if I should give her a weekend off from cooking since Saturday is her birthday!


1 comment:

  1. Hello there! I know this is kinda off topic however I'd figured I'd ask.
    Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest writing
    a blog article or vice-versa? My website goes
    over a lot of the same subjects as yours and I believe we could greatly benefit from
    each other. If you're interested feel free to send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Superb blog by the way!
    My site ... Green coffee bean extract

    ReplyDelete