Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Snow Day!

We got some much needed moisture in the form of snow on Thursday.  Jenae was so excited to not have to go to school.  The roads were not very good, so I ended up staying home Friday also.  We managed to keep busy on our days at home.  We had lots of Buster time.  He got to come into the mud room & turns out that he is a very good baby sitter for Whitney.  She hugs on him & loves on him & he seemed thrilled with all the attention. Aubree kept busy raiding my refrigerator finding treats for him to eat.  So much for the Black Forest Ham I just picked up at the grocery store! 

By Friday the sun had come out & we have had some really nice sledding weather for the kids to enjoy.  It got to the mid 30s & no wind.  Not often in Nebraska can you have snow, sunshine & no wind! 

It is going to be hard for Jenae to go to school tomorrow after a fun filled 4 day weekend!

The first of the start of the snow.  I took this picture on Thursday morning.  I cleared a path to walk & it was white again with in a couple minutes.

The pile of work I  brought home to get done during the snow day.  They were forecasting the snow & I was pretty sure when I left on Tuesday that I would not make it in on Thursday  I did get a lot of State Farm work done on my work from home day.  I was thankful Susan allowed me to stay home :-)

The kids Skyped Kyle when we went over to Marilyn's house.  Whitney really liked being able to see her Daddy!

7 1/2 inches of snow was the grand total.

Aubree doing a snow Angel.

Whitney is not sure if she is a fan of the snow!  She had a few head first falls into the cold wet snow.

When you live in the flat lands of Chambers, sledding down a hill is a sledding down a pile of snow Grandpa pushed together. :-)  The girls had fun just the same.

Jenae in the pile of snow.  It was so bright out with the sun shining it was hard to get a picture of Jenae with her eyes wide open.

Grandpa Chip with the Whitaker Grand kids.

Jenae taking Whitney for a ride.  Whitney was the only kid who did not really enjoy the sledding.

Chip pulling Jenae around.


Aubree's turn!
 
              Trey was all smiles when it was his turn.  The faster Grandpa went the bigger his smile got!

Jenae & Chase.  By the end of the 2nd day of sledding Chase was taking turns by himself.  He loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment