Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Jenae's Broken Arm :(


A week ago Sunday the girls and I were having a nice relaxing Sunday.  The sky was clear & blue, the air was warm with a nice breeze blowing through.  I had gotten Domino out to fit him for a headstall and I said "Hey Aubree to you want to sit on Domino while I let him graze for a little bit"  She happily jumped on him.  Jenae didn't want to be left out so she got on also.  I know that 2 kids riding bareback is asking for trouble.  If my Dad was here to day he would say "Halie...what were you thinking..."  Well all was going well until I decided to lead Domino over to another place in the yard to graze.  I was not too worried about the girls being on bareback double because we were just walking & I was right with them.  Jenae then says "Mom, you don't need to lead us....."  She gave Domino a good kick in the belly and he proceeded to trot off.  The girls lost their balance & down they came.  Jenae cried instantly and complained of the pain.  Aubree cried for a minute I quickly said " I am not crying mom, I am tough!"  I knew deep down that Jenae's arm was probably broke.  However there was no swelling or bruising & her are was not disfigured at all.  I talked back and forth with my sister Lacey (who is an RN)  and kept her comfortable with Ibuprofen.  To avoid a Sunday afternoon call to the ER we had he get through the night I waited until morning.  She did great that night, I gave her Ibuprofen at 3:00 am, but she slept the entire night.   

Monday Kyle took her in and her X-ray revealed it was broken :-( .  She has to be in a sling for 3 weeks then re X-ray it.   She need to keep pretty still and not move around much.  It was broke up to high to cast.  I am thankful that she does not have to go through the discomfort of a cast, but I am a little nervous as she needs to be so careful with her arm.

I have delt with a lot of mommy guilt & questioned myself 100 times why I had them two on together bareback.  For any of you who know Jenae, she is quiet a hand when it comes to riding & takes great pride in riding horses that are young, and maybe not as broke as I would like her to ride.  She is fearless in the rodeo arena & rides very aggressively.  She is always standing on her horses and doing tricks.  Why the one time I have her on the pony and I am standing right there & I literal watch her slide off the pony and hit the ground in slow motion does she break her arm????   I do think this is God's way of showing me he is the one in control of our lives & we do need to trust him.  When I see Jenae on a young horse or standing up doing her tricks, I worry so much that she is going to get hurt.  Well all that worrying has not me nowhere & a time that I have her on a pony & I have not a worry in the world of her safety she falls off and gets hurt!    Life lesson learned...turn all worries over to God as he does have a plan for each one of us. 
Matthew 6:27
Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
Enjoying a nice Sunday afternoon before the broken arm.
Jenae with her sling on.   3 weeks of no riding....not sure she is going to handle that very well.


 

Now that Jenae is not able to help AI, Aubree is pretty excited to be Grandpa's "#1 helper"  She takes that title very serious!

Aubree's riding skills have come on really good this week with getting to be a part of the AIing every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment