Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

2011 Whitaker Branding

We branded on Saturday.  It was a beautiful day in Chambers Nebraska.  They had a little trouble getting the cattle moved home, but other than that the day was smooth sailing.  I was hoping to be outside and be a part of the branding, but Marilyn & I spent most of the day in the house getting the meal prepared.  My plan was to get all of my food prepared Friday evening and early Saturday morning, but I was a little under the weather.  I have been trying to fight of a head cold & think some form of what Jenae ended up with.  I ended running a fever on Friday night.  I woke up Saturday morning with no fever, but I was really light headed and I did not feel like I had much stamina for the day.  Needless to say it took me most of the day what I was hoping to get done in a couple of hours in the morning. 

I did manage to slip away from the kitchen long enough to take the kids down to be a part of it for a little bit and of course snap some pictures.

On Friday Kyle & Chip wanted to move one bunch of cattle home.  I was still at work and Marilyn was at school which meant that they had a couple extra cowgirls to help them.  Jenae is actually pretty good help, Aubree on the other hand made for a little slow going for Chip.  He was leading Beauty & Aubree while riding his horse.  Once they got to the pasture where they had to round up the cattle Chip tied Beauty up and had Aubree stand by a big tree.  Once they were rounded up and heading to the road he went back to get her.  He said she told him "I want to just walk and lead my horse"  It sounds like she only made it a short while walking and she was tired.  He reached down and picked her up and put her on the horse with him and he just lead Beauty.  She had a lot of fun getting to help :-)




Jenae the morning of the branding.  She was so cute when she got dressed she wanted to wear clothes just like Daddy wears.  She started with a T-shirt, followed by a long sleeved buttoned up shirt, topped with a hooded sweatshirt.  I talked her into wearing a vest for the early morning cattle drive.  She was a little hesitant thinking Kyle would laugh at her vest, I assured her that he would do no such thing :-)

Kyle & Jenae riding off to help move the cattle home for the branding.

The guys working & Chip Branding the calves.

The future help!

Aubree felt she needed to hold Trey's hand to keep him safe.  She is such a little worrier. 
Trey did not seem as concerned for his safety as Aubree was.

Aubree & Buster Taking it all in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment