Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Weekend

Wow what a busy weekend.  Thankfully there were 3 days to it or I do not think we would have got everything fit into it :-)  Thursday afternoon Kyle's cousin's daughter, Kassie came up.  Hope & I had the privilege of taking her senior pictures.  She was such a good sport & think we got some good ones. 

Friday after work we had our first bonfire of the year.  It was a lot of fun & it turned out to be a nice evening for a bonfire.  It was a year ago if you remember, that both my girls stripped down completely naked and played in the creek.  To avoid that this time I let them were their swimming suits and then took dry clothes for them to wear after they were done playing in the creek.  The creek was cold, but they did not seem to mind!!  I think the high on Friday was only in the lower 60's so by the time the sun went down it was right down chilly when you were not by the fire. Marilyn fixed an awesome supper to eat out by the fire & of course we had to roast marshmallows for the s'mores.  We were able to get some pictures of Kassie by the creek for her senior picture collection.  The sun was setting & the lighting was really neat. It was a fun night!!

Saturday morning Kyle & I got up early & headed to a rodeo Tonganoxie, KS.  It is not too farm from Kansas City.  It was a lot of driving in a short amount of time & I didn't think the girls would really want to spend that much time in a vehicle and so little time at the rodeo.  They do better on trips where we actually get to hang out at the rodeo for awhile.  They got to spend the night with Hope & Ben.  Kassie was there as well so they had a great time. 

Kyle & I got home at 5:30 Sunday morning & I went and got the girls about 9:00.  Kyle & I were exhausted, so we did not accomplish much on Sunday.  Hope & I took more pictures of Kassie.  Kyle took the girls into a BBQ in Chambers.  All in all it was a nice relaxing day.

I will post about Memorial Day in my next post. 



"I LOVE YOU THIS MUCH!!"  Aubree & Trey

While taking Kassie's senior pictures Jenae was very into helping find backgrounds for good photos.  Not only would she find the background she would pose how she thought Kassie should sit for the picture.

Aubree anxious to head to the bonfire.

Jenae running in the cold creek.

Jenae & Aubree playing in the creek.

Jenae & Aubree with Kassie

Hope & Kassie at the bonfire.

Trey really enjoys his meals when he gets to eat off of Grandpa's plate.

Marilyn & Trey at bonfire.


Ben, Hope & Trey


Well after dark, and my girls were still in the cold creek.

The cold water did not seem to bother the girls!

Chip & Marilyn with the grand kids at the bonfire.

No comments:

Post a Comment