Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

First Bon Fire for 2012


Finally I am getting caught up with my blogging!  When I finish this post  I will be officially up to date with everything going into a long weekend!  On Tuesday night we had our annual "School's Out For Summer" bonfire.  It was really really windy & having the bonfire at our house or Chip & Marilyn's house would have been out of the question.  Ben & Hope's house has a lot of protection from all the surrounding tree & was the perfect place. We ate supper on their patio then went out behind the house to have the bonfire.  The night would not have been complete without fireworks from Grandpa Chip!  Our annual bonfire is a sure sign that summer is here. The kids had a great time, it was a really fun night. 

When I left work today it was a good feeling to know that I have some time off.  I am taking Tuesday as a vacation day so I am off until Thursday.  It does not sound like there will be to much down time!  We have lots going on between now & then!  Hopefully I can keep up with by blogging as the weekend goes on :-)




Aubree,  so full of life!!!

The kids helping Grandpa gather wood for the fire.

Hope, Chase, Kyle & Chip enjoying the evening.

 Jenae, I think you need to get a little closer to the fire for to roast the marshmallow.
Chase on the go!

Roasting marshmallows was a really big hit for the kids!

Aubree showing off her marshmallow.

Kyle & Whitney.  This was Whitney's first time with pigtails!

Me & Trey roasting a marshmallow on a mini fire!

Whitney with a can of pop!  No it was not open, but I think the cold felt good on her gums.

Trey with his big brown eyes!!
Marilyn, Whitney, Ben & Hope.
I love the look on Trey's face!  Aubree caught a baby toad & Trey so bad wanted to hold it.  When he would just about grab it, he would change his mind and just laugh at his crazy cousin!

No comments:

Post a Comment