Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

A busy week


Life does not seem to be slowing down for us at the Whitaker household!  The weather has been so nice & we have even got some much needed rain over the past couple of weeks. 
The weekend before last Kyle & Chip took Jenae & Aubree to a rodeo in St. Paul MN.  They left a day early so they could spend the night with some friends.  They had a BLAST!!!!  Whitney & I took advantage of some nice quiet time with just the 2 of us.  Whitney is such a good baby & really entertained herself really well while I got some much needed cleaning done.  Kyle & the girls got home at 2:00 Monday morning.  It made for a long day of school for Jenae! 
Monday Kyle spent most of the day helping his Dad get set up for the branding we had on Saturday.  They had lots to do & little time to do is.  Kyle left for Guymon OK on Tuesday.  Thankfully he got most of the lawn mowed before he left J  He had a steer on Wednesday morning & another on Thursday morning.  He made 2 nice runs and qualified for the progressive round on Sunday. 
Jenae & Aubree had their AWANA award program Wednesday night.  Jenae got her award for finishing her 3rd book as a Sparky & Aubree got her award for competing her first year as a Cubby!  The Cubby’s sing at the program every year.  Aubree’s class got up to sing and not one of them sang a word!  Then her teacher got up there with them & Aubree really got into it & sang really good!    I asked her several times that day if she had learned a new song for the program and she would start singing a song about the Lord & flowers.  Come to find out she was just making up a song as she was going along!  She was being her normal silly self on Wednesday.  She had wanted to eat some little candy things that I had.  I told her  she could have 5 of them.  I was folding laundry and not really paying close attention to her, but I heard her counting “1…2…3…1…2…3” Then I realized what she was doing.  She was counting to 3 over and over again then she never got to 5.  When I confronted her about it she said, “Well Mom, I keep losing track of what number I am on so I just start over!”   I spent much of Wednesday getting my house & yard in shape to gear up for the branding.  While I was out working near Aubree’s play house she said to me while holding a cell phone “DARN IT!!!!  That Boy is calling me AGAIN!!!!”  Just playing along I said “What boy?”  Aubree quickly said “I am just kidding Mom!!!”  I am not sure what we are going to in for with our little Aubree Joy!  She keeps life very entertaining! 
Kyle made it home about 10:30 Thursday night & we were all so happy to have him home again!  Friday we were busy getting ready for the branding.  Kyle, Chip & Jenae moved some pairs from our place over to Chip’s place.  I stayed up past midnight making  food for the branding crew, but I knew if I did not get as much as I could done on Friday that there would not be enough time on Saturday to get everything done that I needed to. 
I will post pictures and write about the branding in my next post!

Aubree & her fellow Cubbies at the AWANA program.

Aubree with her AWANA Award.

Not a very good pictuer of Jenae with her Sparky group.

Trey was at the program watching Jenae & Aubree.  He was such a good little boy.  He sat so still & quiet!  I have never met a 2 year old that is that good in church!


The entire AWANA Group

Aubree was sad that AWANA is over for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment