Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Day

We did Christmas a little different on my side this year. My sister Lacey is a hospice nurse out of O'Neill.  She had to see patients Christmas Day morning & was on call the rest of the day.  Since my house is within her call area & my parents house would not be we decided to have Chrismtas in Chambers this year! At one point we did not know if she was going to be able to join us at all, but as it turned out she made to my house right before we ate & was able to spend the whole afternoon with us!  We felt so blessed that we all to spend the day together.  I think the last time my whole family was together was my Grandma's funeral last January.  We had several time through out the year that we got together, but it seemed like there was someone sick or had something come up that we could not all be together. 

It was a cold day but I was so thankful no new snow fell & the road were fine for everyone traveling.  I made my first ever prime rib.  I was so nervous!!  I had dreams the nights before that I had totally messed it up!  Thanks to my good ol' Treager Grill it turned out just perfect! 

 In addition to being nervous to cook the prime rib, I was also nervous about fitting everyone in my house without feeling like we were on top of each other.  It has been almost 2 years since everyone has been to my house & our family has obviously grown in the 2 years!  As it turned out, we were able to spread out & I do not think anyone felt cramped. The kids played in the bedrooms a lot & Kyle took the oldest 6 kid out to play on the frozen creek for awhile in the afternoon, it helped them burn off some energy.

By about 6:00 everyone had headed for home.  I am so thankful for being able to spend both Christmas Eve & Christmas Day with our loved ones. 

My parents with all 12 Grand kids!  It has been almost a year since everyone was together!

Aubree, Allyx, Riley, Cooper & Brooke eating their dinner.



Jenae, Tyson & Kellen eating, well Tyson & Kellen eating their dinner.  Jenae ate really fast.  I think she thought the faster she ate the sooner she could open presents! 

Kyle, me & the girls on Christmas Day.

Aubree was getting dressed for the day & she put on her new  boots & she said to Kyle "Do you know what would match my new boots?"  Kyle said " your chaps???" Aubree replied with a smirk on her face "yep!"  As so we had Cowgirl Aubree with us on Christmas Day!!  We just never know with her what her choice of clothing will be for the day :-)  She keeps our life very entertaining!!

Whitney Faith thinking she wanted to show me what she could reach!

Kyle took the oldest 6 kids to the creek for a bonfire in the afternoon. 

They enjoyed the fresh air & playing on the frozen creek!

12 kids opening gifts all at the same time = mass chaos!


Brooke & Whitney playing together.  Whitney seems to enjoy having a house full of kids to play with :-)

We got Mom  a horse racing game for Christmas. It was a lot of fun to play!  Jenae & Tyson really enjoyed it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment