Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Jenan's Christmas Program

Last Friday night Jenae had her school Christmas program.  She was part of the Husker team in the program.  I have to admit, as much as I like the Chambers Christmas Programs, it does bother me that they do not get to get dressed up in there pretty Christmas dresses for the program. 
This year they had the "Winter Olympics" with 4 different teams.  The Huskers, Santa's Elves, Scrooge's team & the Fab 5.  They competed in a number of activities while singing Christmas songs.  It was the 40th year for Mr. Devries doing the Christmas program at Chambers.  It ended up being a really long night, I do not think we got home until after 10 & we did not even stay for the cookies after the program. 

Saturday we got up early & started our annual project of decorating Christmas cookies.  I did get smart this year & only baked 1/2 of a batch.  I want the girls to have the memories of decorating them, but they each did 5 & called it quits!  I finished up the rest of them then cleaned up our huge mess!

Saturday night we had the Ehlers Family over to watch the final round of the NFR.  Heidi was not feeling well & she kept the youngest 3 kiddos home with her, but Matt came over with Brooke & Wyatt.  The kids had a great time playing together.

Sunday we had church & Sunday school.  Kyle left right after we ate dinner to head to Wakefield's to haze some steers.  The girls & I went to Heather's for hair cuts.  It is nice to be all groomed before the holidays!  Whitney's hair had grown a lot & she was getting quiet the mullet! 

This week I work Monday-Wednesday then I am off until the 26th :-)  I am looking forward to some nice quiet time at home getting all ready for Christmas.  My to do list is getting smaller & smaller which is good since Christmas is getting closer & closer :-)
 I am super excited for the Holidays----My most favorite time of year. 

Jenae & Marilyn before the Christmas program.  We went in early to save seats for everyone. 

Chip, Aubree, Marilyn, Whitney & Kyle waiting for the program to start.

Jenae's cheering section     :-)

Trey & Chase sat so good through the program.

Jenae in the program.

Jenae had to run the poles on Rudolph at the program

Jenae cheering on the rest of her relay team.  

Whitney thinks she is as big as the other girls!  She is really into doing things with them & just like them.  She & Aubree were having a doll party here. 

Jeane & Aubree frosting cookies. 

The girls with our finished product.




No comments:

Post a Comment