Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Another Busy WEekend!


I worked Wednesday so I could help Kyle & Chip move cattle. It was a busy day!  We moved cattle most of the morning & then it was time to fix a bite to eat before getting Aubree off to preschool. 

Since Aubree's preschool is Tuesday/Thursday afternoons I do not get the opportunity to pick her up or drop her off.  I was really happy about getting to do that on Thursday.  Her preschool is awesome!  It is just her & 1 other little girl so she gets a lot of one on one work!   Miss Michelle is a very special lady & she has a real gift for teaching.  Aubree has learned so much in 2 months that she has been going to preschool  I would encourage any one in Chambers that has preschool age kids to consider sending them to the Helping Hands Preschool.  It is held in the church basement at the Lutheran Church in Chambers.   Miss Michelle is so sweet & kind Aubree adores her!  They set up a tree & decorated it on Thursday & I got to see it when I picked her up.

 Whitney took a big nap Thursday afternoon.  I took advantage of 2 hours of cleaning time while Bree was in preschool & Whitney was napping.  One nice thing about having Thursday off it that the next day is already Friday :-)

On my way home from work on Friday Kyle called me wondering if i wanted to go to the Amish Conley near Orchard for supper. They were having a fried chicken supper as a fund raiser for their school.  Chip wanted to go & wanted to take Jenae & Aubree.  Kyle thought it sounded like fun & wondered if I wanted to along also.  Marilyn wanted to stay home to watch Husker Volleyball & kindly offered to keep Whitney.  Dining with the Amish was a real experience!  It was dark when we go the & I mean dark!  They do not have electricity there so you drive in to a dark yard.  No yard light or anything!  We could hear the sounds of children playing in the dark barn.  Jenae had a flash light along so she could read while we were driving.  We used the flashlight to find out way to the house.  Once in the house we gave a free will donation, bought raffle tickets, singed the guest book & dished up our supper all at the same table.  We had fried chicken, mashed potatoes & gravy, dressing, bread, pie & homemade ice cream.  It was all really good.  Jenae & Aubree thought it was the best mashed potatoes & gravy they had ever had! 

Saturday was the town Christmas in Chambers.  I had a booth for my jewelry sales at the craft show & spent most of the day there.  Kyle took the girls around town & took them  on the horse & wagon rides.
They spent much of the afternoon outside enjoying the day.  I think it was 67 degrees & no wind!  We do not get many days like that in December!

Sunday we went to church & spent much of the day doing house work.  We had a nice movie night & watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas.   It was a nice relaxing way to spend our Sunday evening!

Thursday we helped Kyle & Chip move cattle in the morning.  Whitney loves seeing the cattle & she was helping me drive as I followed behind them.  She fell asleep on my lap shortly after this picture which made it hard for me to take any other pictures.  I didn't get any of my other passengers Trey & Aubree.  They had a great time in the back seat :-)

I do not think Kyle like me taking pictures when the Amish do not have any thing electronic.  However me being me, I just had to take a quick photo or two :-)

Aubree, Jenae & Chip at the Amish Supper.  The food was really good.  We had fried chicken, mashed potatoes & gravy, dressing, homemade bread, pie & homemade ice cream.


We have been blessed with beautiful weather.  Aubree has been wanting to have a "flower" party with me for the past few days, but I had been on the go & not home while it was light out.  Saturday was the perfect day for it.  It was basically a tea party with singing!  Whitney also joined us.



Jenae & Chip took advantage of the nice day & went riding. 
Whitney enjoying the nice Sunday afternoon!
Kyle & Whitney on Sunday afternoon. 

Jenae spent yesterday afternoon outside from right after dinner until dark.  Her big project was building this cat house!

Aubree thought since Jenae was making a cat house that she also should also make a cat house.  I am not sure how the cats would get inside her house???



Chip giving Whitney a ride.

Whitney & Chip on Hippie.  Chip had come over to our place to doctor a yearling & Whitney
thought she needed a ride :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment