Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Another Rodeo Weekend

We had such a busy weekend, but it was so much fun. I never could have imagine how fun it would be to watch my child compete in something she loves so much. There was a day I really enjoyed competing myself and in the past 10 years I have loved watching my Kyle compete but nothing compares to how much I enjoy watching Jenae compete. I am looking forward to the day Aubree will be entering the rodeos as well. Every rodeo we go to she asks me "is this one my rodeo??" For now she is a good sport and tags along to cheer on big sis.

Our weekend started out with Kyle entered in the Chambers Rodeo. He did a good job. He won the bronc riding with an 81 and was 4th in the calf roping. The high light for me was watching Jenae make an exhibition barrel run. She did so good. She was really excited she got to run with the big girls. She ran a 20 second pattern. A 16 won the rodeo and there were a lot of 17 and 18 second times. I was proud that my 6 year old daughter on her 27 year old horse ran just a few seconds off the winning times.

Saturday we(Chip, Marilyn, Jenae, Aubree and I) got up early and headed out for Taylor's Jr. Rodeo. It was so nice and cool. There was a lot of down time from when the rodeo started until Jenae ran her events. I took the girls out to an open area and they rode there ponies all over. It was a lot of fun to just be hanging out with the girls. I worked on some of my photography skills and took a lot of pictures of the them on their pony's. Barrels an poles were the only events that Jenae rode a horse in. She had a little bad luck and tipped a barrel and a pole over. Her pattern was still fast enough in the poles to place 2nd. There was a goat scramble on foot also at the rodeo, but she had no luck in that event and has asked me to never sign her up for that event again!!!

Sunday was Burwell Jr. Rodeo. Jenae did really well. She won the barrels and the poles and was 2nd in the goat tail untie. She had a nice cheering crowd. Chip, Marilyn, Aubree and I took her down and Hope, Ben and Trey met us there. They had been at a wedding in Omaha and got up super early to travel to Burwell to watch Jenae. It really meant a lot to Jenae to have so much support. Little Trey was such a trooper and did really well during the rodeo.

We are so lucky that Chip & Marilyn are so supportive of Jenae & her love for rodeo. With Kyle gone so much I would not be able to take her all over the place like gets to do. So Chip & Marilyn on behalf of Jenae and myself Thank You....Thank You....Thank You ;-)You are the best!

Marilyn started back to school today. Chip wanted to keep the girls for the day. Last plan I knew he was going to take them trail riding and they were going to have a picnic lunch. So much fun!!! Jenae goes back to school on Wednesday. She is really looking forward to it, I wish I was looking forward to it as much as she is. It makes me sad to see summer come to an end!


Jenae and Aubree before we headed into the fair.





Chip, Jenae & Aubree before the Chamber's rodeo.




Chip, Jenae & Aubree before the Chamber's rodeo.




Kyle with Jenae and Aubree riding in the Grand Entry at the Chambers Rodeo.





Jenae enjoying a snow cone.





Aubree loving her snow cone.




Aubree Kissing on Beauty.





The girls of course had to work on their trick riding during the down time at the rodeo.





Jenae was working on her "ponying" skills. To pony a horse means to lead another horse while riding. It is more tricky than it looks, I did not get to far away from them in case she got tangled up.




Jenae sizing up her competition. This is probably my favorite picture of all.




Jenae just starting her pole run. Grandpa Chip helps her get in the arena and lined up where she needed to be.




Ben went to Pizza Palace and treated us with an awesome lunch. Way better than concession stand food :-)




Jenae's cheering section.





Grandpa Chip with Jenae's youngest fan, Trey.





Trying to entertain herself at the rodeo. She rubbed lotion all over herself.



No comments:

Post a Comment