Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lessons Learned

I learned 2 very random things last night. The first one being, never walk in to a pen full of hungry chickens while wearing flip flops. They seem to mistake toes for grain! When I went into feed my chickens last night they attacked my feet. Chickens pecking on bare toes does not feel so good!!

The 2nd lesson I learned is when the lady at the blood bank tells you to drink plenty of fluids after giving blood it is a good idea to listen to her! I did not feel real great after I gave blood yesterday but I went back to work and just felt a little off the rest of the day. I went home and got my girls picked up from Chip and Marilyn's and did my chores. I got the girls supper, gave them their baths and got them ready for bed. All the while I was feeling a little light headed but still functional. We sat down to read a book together and Aubree fell asleep on my lap. I put her to bed and Jenae & I were going to work on her spelling words. I got to the table and I thought I was going to be sick to my stomach. I made my way to the bathroom and laid down on the floor before I fell down. I have never fainted or passed out, but I am guessing I was pretty darn close. I was really light headed and got really hot & weak. Once I laid down my stomach felt better. I laid there for a bit while my concerned little Jenae Grace stood over me. I had not drank anything since giving blood (pretty stupid I now know:-). I told Jenae that she just needed to go to bed that mommy did not feel good enough to do her spelling words. She is really into listening to Little House on the Prairie audio books before she goes to bed. I gathered up enough energy to go to her room and put the CD in CD player and made it back to the chair in the living room just before I think almost passing out again. I asked Jenae to get me some water. She found a water bottle and filled it completely up with cold water from the refrigerator and added 2 ice cubes. It was so cute how she took such good care of me. She is growing up so fast. She kept coming out of her room to check on me. I assured her I was fine. Finally at 9:30 I told her she needed to go in and go to sleep. She said "ok mommy, I just wanted to check on you one more time before I went to sleep" I checked her 10 minutes later and she was sound to sleep in her bed. I still do not feel 100% today, hopefully by tomorrow I will be all better! I for sure learned my lesson!! I have made donating blood a priority after Chip's last heart surgery. I saw first hand how donated blood really does save lives. I feel if there were not blood donors out there that took the time to donate their blood Chip may not be with us today.

Speaking of Chip's surgery is was one year ago today that he underwent his 3rd heart valve replacement. When I think back to a year ago and how grim everything looked for Chip and our family I am in total amazement of where we are today. We are so thankful for the blessings that God has blessed us with this past year.

Today also happens to be my wonderful husband's birthday :-) So Kyle if you are reading this Happy Birthday to you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment