Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Back to school!


Aubree standing with Jenae on first day of school.



Jenae's first day of school.





Jenae's first day back was Wednesday. She was so excited to go back and see all her friends. She loves her teacher and I think it is going to be a great year :-)


Monday I was dragging from our big weekend we had. I think we all were to bed before 9:00 that night. I took Tuesday off to spend the day at home with the girls before Jenae was back to school. We had a really nice day. In the morning I took them over to ride their ponies. I know Jenae is really going to miss getting to ride every day once she goes back to school. In the afternoon we made a trip to O'Neill for haircuts. Thanks to Aunt Hope for being on the ball and making the appointment :-) Jenae just got a trim and Bree got a little more taken off. For being full sisters they have the most opposite hair. Jenae is so thick and almost blond in summer from the sun. Bree's hair is thin and so dark. The sun does not really affect her color.

Wednesday Aubree and I took Jenae into school. Jenae was pretty nervous/excited I do no think she hardly slept the night before. For the most part she had a good time at school. One of the girls in the 2nd grade seems to like to pick on Jenae and of course she started in on day one. I don't understand why kids have to be so mean. Jenae is a really tender hearted little girls and she gets her feeling hurt easily. It is hard as a mom to see your child hurting but I know it is all part of live. I tried to explain to her that there are always people in the world who are like that and I know in the end it will all be part of the character building process. I just can't believe it starts so early in life. Any of you moms who have any advise on this area I am open to suggestions!!! It makes me feel good to have Grammy Marilyn at school every day to keep an eye on things for me :-)

After I got Jenae dropped off at school Bree and I came home and made salsa. I canned 21 jars. I have made Wednesdays my canning day for the past 3 weeks. I am ready for a break from canning! Aubree was such a good little girl and entertained herself so well while I was up to my elbows in tomatoes!

We are looking forward to a nice quiet weekend. Hopefully I can get my house work and yard work caught up! fun fun!! Tonight we are going out to eat with Chip, Marilyn, Ben, Hope & Trey at the Main Street Cafe. I am looking forward to seeing what he is serving tonight! Whatever it is it will be good ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment