Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Relaxing Weekend


Out for supper at the Main Street Cafe in Chambers.




Aubree loved the Dessert!!!!





Jenae & Aubree were sure they needed to ride Grandpa's new horses. They did not seem to understand that yearlings that are not broke are not ready for little girls to ride them. So Grandpa was a good sport and let then sit on them. The horses did really well and you can see by the look on the girls faces they are pretty excited to the new additions to the ranch.




Jenae Grace on one fo Grandpa Chip's new horses.





Aubree Joy on one of Grandpa Chip's new horses.


The girls and I had a very relaxing weekend. Friday night Chip & Marilyn took us out to eat at the Main Street Cafe in Chambers. It was so good, as always!!

Saturday we got up and did some good ol' deep cleaning of our house. Ok it was mostly me doing the cleaning :-) Jenae & Aubree did a good job of entertaining themselves while I cleaned. They love to play with their toy horses. Jenae has one toy horse that is pretty fancy so she only gets to play with it on special occasions. This horse happens to be a stud horse. Most toy horses do not have male or female parts but this particular horse has ALL of the body parts to be a stud. Jenae asked me to get down her fancy horse because she needed him to breed her mares. I was a little curious to see how this would all play out so I went along with it. I stood back and watched. She had all the mares that needed bred around a circle of the stud horse. I heard a lot of whining and some neighing and then she brought back the stud horse to be put back on top of her dresser. Oh my little ranch girl!!! I would love to know some of the discussions she has with her classmates! I am sure she could give them all a little education.
I got the lawn mowed in the evening so I was feeling pretty good about what I had got done by the end of the day.

Sunday we were lazy. We even skipped church and have not good excuse why we did not go. Jenae told Hope that "we take the summers off from church" It seems that we have just had something going most Sundays this summer. We did some reading, watched a movie, gave Buster a bath pretty much just hung out at home. It was so nice! We did go over to see Chips new horses. The girls were really excited about them. They happen to still be studs and Jenae is trying to talk Grandpa into letting them run with Beauty. She things it would be great if she had a baby colt. I am thinking she is not going to get her way with this idea :-)

The only thing that could have made the weekend better is if Kyle could have been home. It seems that he has been gone more this summer than ever before. Maybe he hasn't it just feels that way. I think he will have only been home 6 days the whole month of August and July was pretty much the same way. Mostly I feel bad for the girls. I know they really miss Kyle when he is gone. He is such a good hands on Dad when he is home that it make them miss him more when he is gone. Kyle did do good this weekend. He was 7th at Moses Lake Washington in the steer wrestling and at Caldwell, Idaho he was 6th on his first steer, 5th in the short go and ended up 5th in the average.

It looks like we are in for some cooler weather. We are all really looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment