Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Another Busy Weekend!

I am sure if I go back through my blog postings one common theme would be how fast the time goes. I can't believe it is Monday already in the blink of an eye it will be Friday again. Not that I am complaining about the work week flying by but I just wish live would slow down a bit.
Friday night we met our friends Matt & Heidi at the Chambers Corner for supper. It was the first time I had been at the Corner for supper since the Cafe in town opened up. It was a nice time. It is always fun to get together with friends for an evening and what is better is that I did not have to cook supper :-)

Saturday we got up bright and early. Kyle's cousin, Mat, invited him to go to the Nebraska/Texas game. I had Kyle drop the girls and I off at my parents house on his way to Lincoln. It had been so long since I took time out of my busy life to visit my Grandparents and I thought it was the perfect opportunity. I also was wanting to take some pictures of my sister's kiddos and my brother's family. It was one of those days where we tried to cram so much into one day that it felt like we were always on the go.
We hurried when we got there to get all the grand kids rounded up for a quick group photo of all of them. It was so cold and windy but they were great sports.
My sister, Danielle and I took a couple of the kids in to visit my Grandma Forre before dinner. We had a nice visit. The kids enjoyed playing in Grandma's toy box!
Mom and made a good dinner then it was off to Albion to visit my Grandma & Grandpa Noble. Their health has really been declining the past year (my Grandpa just got out of the hospital he had been there for over 3 weeks) and my Grandma is not in good enough health to be able to care for Grandpa. My Grandpa now lives with my wonderful Aunt. She lives just a few blocks from Grandpa & Grandma's house so my Grandma comes to visit my Grandpa every day. It is so neat how in love my grandparents are. We got to my Aunt's house about the same time as my Grandma did. I heard my Grandpa say to her"Hi Babe...How are you doing today?...You look good today" and Grandma went right over to him and gave him a hug & a kiss. Very sweet for being married over 60 years!!! We had a nice visit with them but it was getting close to game time and my Grandpa is a HUGE Husker fan so we thought we best keep moving.
Back at my parents it did not take long for me to decide that the game was not looking good for the Huskers. I really thought it was going to be a different outcome. After the game we went out and got some pictures of Danielle's boys. It didn't work out to get pictures of Dusty & Erin's family. Maybe next time!

Kyle spent then night in Lincoln and got up early yesterday morning to come back and pick the girls and I up. We got home around noon and it was the perfect day to get some yard work done. I am on a mission to get my garden spot in good shape before the weather really changes. I have a lot of raking and tilling left to do but hope to work on it a little bit each day until I get it done. Kyle was good help with some of my yard projects. It is so nice to have him home more. He and Chip moved some cattle around in the evening. I had been out working in the yard and Jenae decided she wanted to go in the house. She had been reading a book last I knew and Chip went in the house to see if she wanted to have her help move the cattle and found her sound to sleep on the couch. I guess she was played out from playing so hard with all of her cousins the day before.



All of the Forre Grand kids.
Top Row L-R: Tyson (Age 6) Jenae (Age 6) Middle Row L-R: Kellen (Age 4) Cooper (Age 2) Brooke (Age 3) Bottom row: Aubree (Age 3), Riley (Age 1), Allyx (Age 1)



My sister Danielle's 3 boys L-R Kellen, Tyson, & Cooper


My two little sweethearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment