Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Our First Snow of the Fall

Well we didn't quite make it through October without snow in Nebraska. Although compared to last year the little skiff that we got was not to bad. It did happen to be on Wednesday the day Chip wanted to wean some calves. The wind was howling as it was gusting to 40-45 mph that day. It was cold cold cold! If the wind wasn't bad enough we also had snow & sleet coming down hitting us. I don't think my horse like riding into the wind anymore than I did. I admit I am kind of a whimp, but I was so happy when we were done and in the nice warm house. Thankfully Aubree was able to go to Lindsay's house while we were outside.

It went really well despite the weather. One of our neighbors, Gary Halsey, came over to help too.

I often wonder how good of help I am on the ranch since I am always taking pictures while I work. I guess I have not been fired yet! It was really cold when I had to take my gloves off to take some pictures. I was thinking to myself maybe I have gone a little crazy with my picture taking as my fingers were turning purple.












It seems like them month of October has came and went to fast. Jenae really wanted to carve pumpkins this year but we never got around to it. Since Halloween is Sunday night I thought we should do something with the pumpkins and I didn't feel like the mess of carving pumpkins so we did the next best thing, we painted them. The girls had so much fun and even thought Jenae was a little disappointed at first that we didn't carve them by the end she was saying "painting pumpkins is way more fun than carving them."

I knew Jenae's pumpkin would turn out cute but was not sure if Aubree would really get what to do. I thought she might just make random marks all over her pumpkin, but she did really good too. She named her pumpkin Dora and painted hair on her and Jenae painted eyes on Dora for Aubree. Aubree went on to give her a mouth and a nose. She later told me she noticed that Jenae's pumpkin didn't have a nose!




Both girls were very excited for Halloween parties today. Jenae's school party is today and I am down to take treats. I am looking forward to getting off work a little early to attend. Lindsay is having a Halloween party for the kids that she watches. Aubree was very excited for that.

Tonight is Trey's birthday party. I just cant even believe he is 1 already!!! Where does the time go?

Tomorrow we are selling cattle and Sunday is Halloween. Looks like it is going to be another busy weekend. It will be a fun weekend though! I hope you all have a great weekend and don't eat too much candy ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment