Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bit by the flu bug!

My poor little girls have been home with fevers most of the week.  They started running temps on Monday night and have not been able to get over it yet.  Influenza B is making its way through the Chambers schools and it looks like we got it! 

Bless my father in law's heart, he kept the girls at his house on Tuesday.  We were really short handed at work and me missing the day was not much of an option.  I was so thankful he was able to help us out.  There are not many Grandpa's that would be willing to take on such a task!  I think they got a lot of cuddle time with the puppies.  I guess Aubree thought she should check one of the puppies temps and stuck her thermometer in the puppies mouth.  Jenae was not thrilled to see Aubree do that and had to call me at work to report what Aubree had done.  Aubree also apparently broke a couple toy horses.  She was a real fireball that day.  It is like the sickness turned her into a wild woman!

I was able to be home with them yesterday so that was nice.  We spent the day laying around and being very lazy.  It was nice to have a day that we did not have much going on so we could be lazy.

Kyle made it home last night about 8:00.  The girls were so happy to have him home!  He had been gone for 3 weeks.  It will be so nice to have him around for awhile. 

It is back to winter and they are calling for snow all weekend.  Calving has officially begun on the Whitaker Ranch so I imagine that Chip is happy to have Kyle home too!  The first 2 calves were born today :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment