Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Jenae's Birthday Part 3

Even though we have been celebrating Jenae's birthday all week, I was glad Jenae's birthday fell on a Wednesday so I could go and eat lunch with her and take treats to her class.  We had a good day.  After Jenae got home from school we did some reading and then got her ready for AWANA.  Before  I took her into town we had to go see the puppies.  Oh did I mention in we had puppies!!!  Lucy and Buster have had their 2nd litter of pups, 9 puppies!!!!!  They are so cute!!! 

I took Jenae out for supper before Awana.  We went to the Chambers's Main Street Cafe.  I do love small towns!  The waitress said to us when we walked in "Jenae, I hear it is your birthday today!"   They were having their burger and fries night. I told the waitress that we would share a cheeseburger and fry so that we would have room for dessert.  The burger was huge and we were not even able to eat the whole thing between the 2 of us.  When the waitress brought the dessert made an announcement to the entire restaurant "Everyone....today is Jenae's 7th Birthday we are all going to sing happy birthday to her"  Jenae was smiling from ear to ear.   The local grocery happened to be eating there the same time and quickly ran over to the grocery store.  She came back with a big princess balloon and a bag of M&M's. 

After Awana she came home to 2 messages on the answering machine for her.  One was her cousins Bryan, Reece & Caden singing happy birthday to her & the other one was from my aunt.  She felt very special with all of the nice things people had done thought out the day.  I guess I should mention that she won the birthday club that was on KBRX in the morning.  That started her day off right! 

My parents brought Aubree back to me last night.  I am not sure if she was really ready to come home or not.  She had a great time at my parents house despite getting the stomach flu.  Monday night she ended up getting sick.  Bless my mom's heart for taking good care of her while she was under the weather.  She bounced back quickly and is feeling great now. 

Jenae has been pretty mopey with Kyle being gone over her birthday.  At nights she gets sad and kind of grumpy.  Chip & Marilyn gave Jenae a box of US State cards for her birthday.  They are neat cards with fun little facts about each state on them. Last night Jenae was feeling really sorry for herself that her Daddy was not home for her birthday I told her look though the cards and find how many different State's she has been in on trips that she has got to go with Kyle on.  It turns out that my little 7 year old has been to 19 states in her young life!!  I tried to explain to her that I know it is hard to have Dad gone so much, but it is because Dad does what he does that we get to do a lot of really fun things and travel to a lot of places that we would not get to do if he did not rodeo.  She changed her tune pretty quickly and decided that things maybe things were not so bad! 


No comments:

Post a Comment