Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

An interesting day at the ranch!!

Aubree got to spend the day with Grandpa Chip today.  Hope & Trey were over for a lot of the day.  Hope sent me an email recapping part of the day.

 I copy & pasted this from her email
Both kids were in the house, we ate lunch, and then of course more puppy time.  Trey is getting into EVERYthing today.  Aubree had 6 puppies out in living room on the dog bed while Lucy was outside.  Trey went over and picked up a puppy, dropped it back on the pile of puppies, and then started to step down on "Lexi"...all while I was sitting right there watching and supervising!  I was trying to stop him from one form of roughhouse at the same time he was committing the next.  Anyway, Aubree was sure Lexi was hurt.  I was trying to keep Trey corraled and out of yet another cupboard, meanwhile Aubree disappears and soon we have a yelping puppy.  I quickly went & found where the yelping was coming from, and lo' and behold, she had dear little Lexi in the bathroom sink running cold water over her!  I bundled wet Lexi up in a towel and when I got out to the living room I asked Aubree why she had done that.  I knew she wasn't being naughty and that she thought she was doing something the puppy needed.  Well she told me that Trey had hurt the puppy and she was trying to help Lexi feel better with the cold water.  I wasn't getting it, but I said I wasn't mad at her and that she wasn't in trouble, but explained how that is not something we do with puppies ever again.  She was fine with everything.  Well just a little bit ago Aubree was back to fussing over Lexi, how she was really hurt bad from Trey stepping on her back (injured Lexi is fast asleep on the floor), and Bree said how Mommy sometimes puts an icepack on her when she gets hurt, so she thought we should get an ice pack for Lexi.  So that explains the cold water therapy.  :)
It sounds like it was an eventful day and I am still laughing about all that went on.  Chip took Trey & Aubree into the Feed Store and they stopped by Duba's then they went with him to hay some of the cattle.  It is hard to beat a day of Grandpa Daycare!!!

We are looking forward to a great weekend.  The weather is supposed to finally get nice.  Tuesday was a high of 5 degrees for the day and by Sunday they are calling for almost 50 degrees!!!  It is going to be so nice.  I am looking forward to spending some time outside this weekend! 

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment