Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

kids say the darndest things!

On our trip to Grand Island last week, we had an interesting conversation with Jenae about "bad words".  It went a little something like this.....

Jenae: Mommy what is an apsule?  Is it a bad word? Taryn & Ellie said it was.
Me: I don't know, I have never heard of an apsule?  Do you mean capsule?
Jenae: Yeah what is a capsule
Me: Well it is a pill, and no that would not be a bad word.
Marilyn:  I think she may saying (then she spelled) a***ole.
Me:  Yes, Jenae apsule is a bad word and you should never say apsule!
Jenae (pointing at her bottom): They told me it is another word for this mommy.  Is it?
Me: yes it is you should not repeat that word! 

The other day Jenae asked me :Mom is asp a bad word?
Me: Yes it is!!!

I am learning my lesson that even if the word she is saying is not a bad word I should probably tell her it is, as I might not understand what it is that she is saying.!!

Yesterday Chip brought Aubree to O'Neill to the cattle sale.  They stopped by the office to see me for a few minutes and Aubree stayed with me while Chip ran to the bank.  I took her in the bathroom and washed the frosting off her face that she had left over from the doughnut she ate at the sale barn.  When Chip came to pick her up she said "now Mommy, you stay here, don't come with us"  I guess she thought I would ruin the fun she & Grandpa were having :-)

We are having a lovely spring snow storm here in Chambers, NE today!!!  You got to love Nebraska :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment