Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Where is Spring??

We have had some cold wet weather here in Nebraska.  It sure does not feel like Spring around here.  Friday is started snowing and by Saturday morning we had 3 to 4 inches of now on the ground.  It warmed up nice on Saturday so it was all gone by noon.  Saturday ended up being a decent day, but by Sunday we had more rain.  Yesterday it was a high of 38 degrees and it rained off and on all day and by this morning we were completely white with snow again.  Our country roads are a muddy soggy mess and with the new snow on top of the soft roads I knew there was no way for me to make it to town in my car.  My sweet husband took me in to meet up with my carpool.  Thankfully he is home right now :-)  There is rain in the forecast for the next several days.  I think tomorrow is the only day that we are not supposed to get any moisture. 

I took advantage of being home in the house this weekend.  I know when the weather gets nicer I will want to be outside more.  I spent most of the weekend working in the girls bedrooms.  It is such a good feeling to get them a little more organized. 

Kyle was in Madison WI on Friday night.  He did really well at the rodeo.  He won the steer wrestling and split 2nd & 3rd in the Saddle bronc riding.  He didn't get home until 4:00 Saturday afternoon. Saturday night we went over to Chip & Marilyn's house for supper.  Marilyn fixed her famous ribs.  It was cute to watch Trey eat the ribs off the bone.  He really seems to enjoy them :-)

Sunday we got up and went to church and from there we headed to my brother & sister-in-law's house for dinner to help their daughter Brooke celebrate her 4th birthday.  The kids all had a great time playing together. 

We are excited for Easter this coming weekend.  It is going to be a busy weekend, but all holiday weekend are busy :-).  Friday evening I want to try to go to Hope's church for a Good Friday Service.  Saturday I think will be the annual Easter Egg hunt in the park.  Hopefully we can color Easter Eggs on Saturday as well. Hopefully sometime this weekend we can get together with Kyle's parents & the Blackmore's.   Sunday we are planning to got to to my Grandma Forre's house.  We always spend Thanksgiving Day with Kyle's side of the family so we try to spend most Easter Sunday's with my side of the family to say in good graces on both sides.  I think splitting up holidays is one of the hardest adjustments to being married.  Kyle and I have been married for almost 10 years and it is still hard.  I want to make sure that no one feels like we are leaving them out. 

After reading the book Heaven Is For Real, Easter has a whole new meaning for me.  If you have not had a chance to read it I highly suggest it.  I am so thankful for the gift God gave us of his son and that Jesus was willing to die on the cross  for us so we can spend eternity with him. 

I hope you all have a wonderful and safe Easter weekend! 

Jenae & I planted onions, potatoes, radishes & horseradish. 
Last week we had 2 really nice days in the 60s and 70s
I am glad we got them in the ground before the snow arrived! 

Aubree before Church on Sunday.  She can be such a silly little girl!!

Brooke opening her presents.  It is crazy to think little Brooke is 4 already. 
Where does the time go?

The kids playing Ring Around the Rosie. 

Riley & Tyson playing ball.

The cousin's with Brooke & her cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment