Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

A day with Lacey

Saturday I loaded up the girls & we went to spend the day with my sister Lacey & her boys.  She was on call & needed to stay close to home.  Lacey has tons of grapes growing in her garden & I wanted some to make grape jelly.  I do not plan to make jelly until this fall when Kyle is home to help with Whitney while I can.  We picked a 5 gallon bucket full of grape, but by the time we sorted through them & picked out the vines I needed up with 2 gallon zip lock bags full.  It should make some good jelly!  They have lots of peppers, tomatoes & cucumbers also so we came home with a lot of produce!  I was very excited to get it all since I do not have a garden this year.  I had a really nice time hanging out with her for the day & the kids all played really well together.  She fixed us a nice dinner & we watched the first 1/2 of the Husker Football game with her.  Whitney took a 3 hour nap in Colin's crib.  I can't get her to take more than 30 minute nap at home. Not sure what it was with his room, but she sure slept good!  We only live about 40 minutes from each other, I told her that we need to do a better job of making time to get together. 





 
Colin & Whitney enjoying their dinner!
Aubree & Riley play really well together!  He seems to tolerate her ideas!
Jenae picking grapes.
Aubree & Riley picking grapes.
Riley & Aubree showing me the grapes they picked.

No comments:

Post a Comment